Battery drains suddenly

Hi all,

I have a Fenix 5 for 4 months already, normal use, normal battery usage ( charged every two weeks ) and suddenly, the battery drains at least 40% in one day.
Tried to remove all non-garmin widgets and no change.
Reset to factory settings and used with basic setup - the same problem, charged fully last evening, I am at 60% with no activity done, just normal usage.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I have raised a call with Garmin Support, this should not be expected on a 4-month watch.
Parents
  • I have now third replacement F5. It worked fine for three months. Yesterday it started suddenly draining battery very fast. It dies in 8 hours completely. I´m now really disappointed, because F5 is otherwise really great product.

That is odd, either you are very unlucky, or you are like a couple of my friends. One of them I think abuses their stuff, and it simply get destroyed since he does a lot of outdoor work and artwork.It is possible the solvents int he paint get into his watches and gums them up.

The other friend, I think she is from the Bermuda Triangle. Any watch she has ever had simply dies within a week or two. Phones she is OK with, but wearables don't last long at all. Even simple mechanical watches fail. Who knows why, she seems to believe that she emits some sort of EMI that destroys electronics. I think it has to do with natural oils your body produces, and in her case, they wreck electronics. If you do research on this phenomena online, the claims get a little crazy. Get your tinfoil hat out!
  • I have now third replacement F5. It worked fine for three months. Yesterday it started suddenly draining battery very fast. It dies in 8 hours completely. I´m now really disappointed, because F5 is otherwise really great product.

That is odd, either you are very unlucky, or you are like a couple of my friends. One of them I think abuses their stuff, and it simply get destroyed since he does a lot of outdoor work and artwork.It is possible the solvents int he paint get into his watches and gums them up.

The other friend, I think she is from the Bermuda Triangle. Any watch she has ever had simply dies within a week or two. Phones she is OK with, but wearables don't last long at all. Even simple mechanical watches fail. Who knows why, she seems to believe that she emits some sort of EMI that destroys electronics. I think it has to do with natural oils your body produces, and in her case, they wreck electronics. If you do research on this phenomena online, the claims get a little crazy. Get your tinfoil hat out!
Children
No Data