Battery drains suddenly

Hi all,

I have a Fenix 5 for 4 months already, normal use, normal battery usage ( charged every two weeks ) and suddenly, the battery drains at least 40% in one day.
Tried to remove all non-garmin widgets and no change.
Reset to factory settings and used with basic setup - the same problem, charged fully last evening, I am at 60% with no activity done, just normal usage.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I have raised a call with Garmin Support, this should not be expected on a 4-month watch.
Parents
  • https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3331763679
    After Saturday MTB training (with HR ACTIVE), 75% residual battery (4.5h GPS, battery consumption about 20%), I stopped HR and BT.
    Today, after more than 5 days I have a 61% battery; I connected the watch via USB three times, for a total, I believe, no more than 15 '
    I suspect that the sudden consumption of 0.5% / minute is due to HR or BT; at the next battery recharge I try to activate HR and I see how it goes ...

03/02/2019, 16:33 battery at 54%...

I am having EXACTLY the same issue. F5, bought in November, was absolutely fine until second week of January. 100% to zero in about 3 hours. Not doing anything, no custom faces, no activities, smart notifications all off. Wrist HR often stuck when this happens. Restart fixes for a while, but it's happened to me at least 4 times in the last 4 weeks.

I've done a factory reset but the problem persists. Garmin web updater has put all the latest firmware and GPS on the watch (previously the GPS update had failed, which I thought was the cause - but after wipe and fresh update all is successfully updated).

I want to love this watch but I cannot trust it not to let me down on race day because of this issue. Had a FR235 previously and never had an issue.

Is yours still doing it? I'm currently at 0.3% per hour which is absolutely fine by me but I never know when the 30%/hr is going to come so I can't go anywhere without my charger...
  • https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3331763679
    After Saturday MTB training (with HR ACTIVE), 75% residual battery (4.5h GPS, battery consumption about 20%), I stopped HR and BT.
    Today, after more than 5 days I have a 61% battery; I connected the watch via USB three times, for a total, I believe, no more than 15 '
    I suspect that the sudden consumption of 0.5% / minute is due to HR or BT; at the next battery recharge I try to activate HR and I see how it goes ...

03/02/2019, 16:33 battery at 54%...

I am having EXACTLY the same issue. F5, bought in November, was absolutely fine until second week of January. 100% to zero in about 3 hours. Not doing anything, no custom faces, no activities, smart notifications all off. Wrist HR often stuck when this happens. Restart fixes for a while, but it's happened to me at least 4 times in the last 4 weeks.

I've done a factory reset but the problem persists. Garmin web updater has put all the latest firmware and GPS on the watch (previously the GPS update had failed, which I thought was the cause - but after wipe and fresh update all is successfully updated).

I want to love this watch but I cannot trust it not to let me down on race day because of this issue. Had a FR235 previously and never had an issue.

Is yours still doing it? I'm currently at 0.3% per hour which is absolutely fine by me but I never know when the 30%/hr is going to come so I can't go anywhere without my charger...
Children
No Data