Battery drains suddenly

Hi all,

I have a Fenix 5 for 4 months already, normal use, normal battery usage ( charged every two weeks ) and suddenly, the battery drains at least 40% in one day.
Tried to remove all non-garmin widgets and no change.
Reset to factory settings and used with basic setup - the same problem, charged fully last evening, I am at 60% with no activity done, just normal usage.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I have raised a call with Garmin Support, this should not be expected on a 4-month watch.
Parents
  • Hello, I have a problem with a fenix5 purchased 3 months ago: a few days, randomly, the watch has a sudden abnormal battery consumption (1% every 2-3 minutes) and at the same time the detection of the cardio on the wrist ceases to work.

Normal operation resumes after a reset (by holding down the light button 25 ", and restarting the device).

Use pre-installed watchfaces; until this defect occurs, the clock works and battery power is normal.
    Yesterday it happened to me with 65% battery, from that moment suddenly (I was not doing GPS or other activities) the battery indication dropped to 36%. I turned the device off and on again and the indicated battery level returned to 65%, but from that moment the cardio does not work and the battery level decreased by 1% every 2 minutes.

After 100% reset and recharge, in 12 hours I have a 97% battery, so a normal consumption. Thank you

Hi everyone,
    today I had the same problem: I start a swimming session, with a 49% battery, after less than 40 minutes I finished the workout and after saving the activity I realized that the battery was 34%, and the cardio he was not active. Battery consumption was 1% every 2 minutes.
    I made a soft reset (with the light button) and after the restart the cardio sensor started working again, and the consumption has stabilized. Can I attach the .fit file if it can be useful ...
    (fenix 5 with update 12.30)
    Thank you!
  • Hello, I have a problem with a fenix5 purchased 3 months ago: a few days, randomly, the watch has a sudden abnormal battery consumption (1% every 2-3 minutes) and at the same time the detection of the cardio on the wrist ceases to work.

Normal operation resumes after a reset (by holding down the light button 25 ", and restarting the device).

Use pre-installed watchfaces; until this defect occurs, the clock works and battery power is normal.
    Yesterday it happened to me with 65% battery, from that moment suddenly (I was not doing GPS or other activities) the battery indication dropped to 36%. I turned the device off and on again and the indicated battery level returned to 65%, but from that moment the cardio does not work and the battery level decreased by 1% every 2 minutes.

After 100% reset and recharge, in 12 hours I have a 97% battery, so a normal consumption. Thank you

Hi everyone,
    today I had the same problem: I start a swimming session, with a 49% battery, after less than 40 minutes I finished the workout and after saving the activity I realized that the battery was 34%, and the cardio he was not active. Battery consumption was 1% every 2 minutes.
    I made a soft reset (with the light button) and after the restart the cardio sensor started working again, and the consumption has stabilized. Can I attach the .fit file if it can be useful ...
    (fenix 5 with update 12.30)
    Thank you!
Children
No Data