Battery drains suddenly

Hi all,

I have a Fenix 5 for 4 months already, normal use, normal battery usage ( charged every two weeks ) and suddenly, the battery drains at least 40% in one day.
Tried to remove all non-garmin widgets and no change.
Reset to factory settings and used with basic setup - the same problem, charged fully last evening, I am at 60% with no activity done, just normal usage.

Has anyone had similar issues?
I have raised a call with Garmin Support, this should not be expected on a 4-month watch.
Parents
  • I have the same issue as Pierre27 - have the Fenix 5 for 3 weeks and the battery never lasted more than 4 days. I tried everything to fix this - reset to defaults, using just stock watch faces without moving parts, backlight turned off, Bluetooth turned off, HR turned off - nothing worked. Even tried different firmware...
    And yesterday after a full charge the battery depleted in 4-5 hours.

I asked amazon.de for replacement and I am waiting for a new watch now.

I really hope that it will be fine, with no problems...Because if this is a whole batch of watches with the same issue, the chance to get faulty one again is great...
    ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1425404.jpg
  • I have the same issue as Pierre27 - have the Fenix 5 for 3 weeks and the battery never lasted more than 4 days. I tried everything to fix this - reset to defaults, using just stock watch faces without moving parts, backlight turned off, Bluetooth turned off, HR turned off - nothing worked. Even tried different firmware...
    And yesterday after a full charge the battery depleted in 4-5 hours.

I asked amazon.de for replacement and I am waiting for a new watch now.

I really hope that it will be fine, with no problems...Because if this is a whole batch of watches with the same issue, the chance to get faulty one again is great...
    ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1425404.jpg
Children
No Data