Does Fenix 5 have a shortcut for turning the wrist HR on/off?

Hi!

On the FR 235 you can hold the up button in the HR widget to get to the option meny for turning the wrist heart rate on or off. On my currently Fenix 3 HR, you can't. And there are no other shortcuts to it. So you have to go through the menys each time. Are there any shortcuts for turning the HR on/off on the new Fenix 5? Beforehand, thanks!
  • I have the HR widget as the first widget after the clock face, so accessed with just one button press. Then I press and hold the middle Menu button, and this takes me straight to the HR settings.
  • Thanks! It's so strange that F3HR don't have this.
  • May I ask why you need to enable/disable it?

For me it is like, either I like it and have it on or don't like it and have it off. There are some battery penalties for having it on, but anyway I don't need charge more than once a week with BLE on , HR on oncluding a couple of hours of GPS training. The savings for HR on/off is very small compared to the time with GPS on.
  • May I ask why you need to enable/disable it?

For me it is like, either I like it and have it on or don't like it and have it off. There are some battery penalties for having it on, but anyway I don't need charge more than once a week with BLE on , HR on oncluding a couple of hours of GPS training. The savings for HR on/off is very small compared to the time with GPS on.

This may be true, but I prefer to save as much battery as possible when I am training 1 hour every day. Any tests on this? Thanks for the info.
  • Battery life on the F5 is extremely good. 20-24 hours in exercise mode (with the GPS and HR running), and 14 days in watch mode with 24/7 HR monitoring. If you are exercising an hour a day, you should be able to go a week or more between charges.

In 24/7 HR monitoring mode, the LED's sample less frequently, and the energy drain is low - 14 days with HR monitoring mode implies just 7% per day. The LED's shut down within a few seconds of taking the watch of your wrist and detecting no motion, so taking your watch off each night while you sleep will give you one third of the potential battery savings anyway, without having to mess around with the settings.
  • Thanks for the info! If I get the watch I will try it out.
  • Not managed to get this to work on my Fenix3HR. When I press and hold the up (middle menu) on the HR widget I just go into the regular settings .. I've never managed to get an accurate calorie burn with all day HR tracking on (I'm a tad unfit so it thinks I'm working out all the time and suggests I have room to eat 2-3000 extra calories a day) so I'm having to just turn on HR for my actual workouts and runs. Annoying there is no shortcut for this.