Wifi connection problem

Did set wifi property in garmin express but still cannot connect fenix to my wifi networks

The watch search for a while then differ to error message and ask to set networks in garmin express.

Any solutions? Is this a bug?
Thanks
  • Your WiFi needs to be on channel 1-11. Some routers use a higher channel
    I would also recommend 2.4GHz, not 5Ghz.

I hade the same problem as you describe and setting my router up with a "guest" network on a set channel and 2.4GHz fixed it completely. I can now connect every time i try.

HTH
  • Even if you are using a channel between 1 and 11 (on 2.4 Ghz) you may not get a connection.

It depends upon how crowded the channel you are using is in your neighbourhood.

It is a well known issue with all Garmin wifi devices; they just don't connect to crowded or overlapping channels.

So go into your router and change the channel from what it is to a diffrent value. So if 1 then switch to 5, 7, 9 or 11.
    Keep changing until you get a connection.

If you have a wifi snooper (plenty of apps fro android and ios; I use inSSIDer) you can see all the channels (yours and your neighbours) in use and discover which would be best for you to switch your router to.

Changing channels has always solved the connection issue for my Garmin devices.
  • WiFI connection problems

If you are in Asia where channel 13 is supported try switching your WiFI router to country = USA (or Taiwan) . On my router this is under the 2.4 "advanced" settings. This will limit the available channels to 1-11 without locking you to a single channel.
    However even doing this the WiFi connection on my F5X is appalling and rarely connects. This is on the same router I used with an F3 fairly reliably. We seem to be going backwards. If people have reliable connection settings for watch and router can you post them as Garmin are very reluctant to provide this kind of detail.
  • If you are in Asia where channel 13 is supported try switching your WiFI router to country = USA (or Taiwan) . On my router this is under the 2.4 "advanced" settings. This will limit the available channels to 1-11 without locking you to a single channel.
    However even doing this the WiFi connection on my F5X is appalling and rarely connects. This is on the same router I used with an F3 fairly reliably. We seem to be going backwards. If people have reliable connection settings for watch and router can you post them as Garmin are very reluctant to provide this kind of detail.
    What the best channel is from 1-11 varies for each household depending upon how crowded that channel is by your own devices and that of neighbours. So just keep setting a different channel until you find one that works best (until your neighbour changes their setup). So there is no pont in anyone posting their own settings, but for what it is worth I am currently using channel 11 (having moved from channel 1 that became unusable when a neighbour changed their setting).
  • I have a case open with Garmin. When you configure the WIFI access point via garmin express (USB to the computer), the fenix 5x will connect the FIRST time after setup. any other time after that fails for me. It displays the error message configure wifi in garmin express.

My F3 worked fine for wifi no issues. Same network.
  • Auto v Fixed channel WiFi

What the best channel is from 1-11 varies for each household depending upon how crowded that channel is by your own devices and that of neighbours. So just keep setting a different channel until you find one that works best (until your neighbour changes their setup). So there is no pont in anyone posting their own settings, but for what it is worth I am currently using channel 11 (having moved from channel 1 that became unusable when a neighbour changed their setting).

But if everyone is on autochannel (the default for cable and DSL routers) then the busy channel will change minute by minute. I live in a condominium with 16 apartments per floor and i can see WiFi routers two floors up and down. That's up to 80 routers negotiating channels with each other. The busy channels move around although there does seem a preference for 6 amongst those who fix. My router will nearly always always select channel 13 because that is the least used channel as many of the older routers didnt support the full Asean channel spec. Unfortunately Garmin dont appear to support the full channel spec or at least didnt on the F3 so it would never synch. I tried fixed channel but our WiFi connection would collapse in the evening when everyone came home from work. Autochannel 1-11 proved to be the best setting for the F3 for a busy WiFi environement. im still trying to debug where the problem is with the F5X. Im starting to wonder if its a timer at the Garmin end allowing only one synch per hour.
  • Wi-fi

I have a case open with Garmin. When you configure the WIFI access point via garmin express (USB to the computer), the fenix 5x will connect the FIRST time after setup. any other time after that fails for me. It displays the error message configure wifi in garmin express.

My F3 worked fine for wifi no issues. Same network.

I have the exact same problem. Have you find a solution ?
  • Had my 5x for two days and am having wifi issues (and alarm). With regard to wifi i just keep trying and within the first 10 attempts it finally connects. Never had this issue with the f3. Alarms seem to erase as soon as the watch syncs with the GC. I set an alarm on the phone, check its there and all is good. Synch with phone, check again, its gone. Lets hope for quick bug fixes on both issues.
  • Cant connect to wifi too no option on app to setup wifi fix this please. Say no known network found. I have no glue of setting channels...
  • wi-fi

Cant connect to wifi too no option on app to setup wifi fix this please. Say no known network found. I have no glue of setting channels...

I found out that if i delete the watch from the router connection list, it will connect to wi-fi, but just 1 time... then it will be on that list and will not connect again until i delete it again from the router connection list...