End of workout don't stop timer

Hi everyone,

after the end of a workout my Fenix 3 has stopped the timer and the training session. On the Fenix 5X training session/timer moves on.
Is there a setting?

Regards
Jürgern
  • There isn't a setting but this is an improvement IMHO. Especially in races, if the course is measured long and you are focused on the finish, in the past, the workout would end and you would have to mess around to get it to resume. Now, you can relax, finish out the race and have all the data for it. Simple one-click to stop the activity. Also, in more general activities, you might fancy finishing our with more of a run and just have one click to stop instead of carrying on and missing the rest of it; or, for recovery analysis etc etc.
  • Yep definitely an improvement. It was a real pain to resume after workout completion for few more minutes.
  • This is a bug, not a feature.  Unlike before when custom workouts ended automatically, now I have to remember to hit the stop button after the end of my workout, which jacks up my run time.  Would've been better to make this optional.  Thanks Garmin!

• I am having the same problem, and this is not an improvement in any way, before on my fenix 3HR, if you would want this kind of behavior, you could add last step in your workout, which would be cool down until lap button press. I am using workouts for training and i want to see how i am improving over time, since my workouts are time based, i am looking at the distance i am able to run, now i have to always keep in mind to stop the workout, when i have cooldown at the end of the run, thats doable, but when i have some fast finish run, its not so easy.

• Thanks for confirmation about this changing from Fenix 3 HR.  It was a surprise when I recently finished my workout and pressed the lap button to end the workout and then looking 5-10 minutes later and seeing my watch continuing to run.  I liked the idea of having the open-ended until lap press stopping the watch and workout.  Maybe that should be an option.