Yet another battery life question

I was wondering what peoples experiences of battery drain is like on 17.30

The reason why I am asking is that I have owned several Fenix 5 sapphires since launch and have always seen about 8% per day in smartwatch mode, but I must admit that due to just getting on an using the watch I stopped checking on drain so was not sure what the figures currently were.

However due to several issues with my watch I had to have a refurbished watch from Garmin which I returned due to a sticking button right out of the box.

So I now have another refurbished watch but I am not sure the battery is good as I seem to be getting battery drain in excess of 12% per day in smartwatch mode, all settings and watch faces have been identical with all watches.

I have tried fully resetting the watch and have cycled the battery twice to see if things improve but I have a feeling I may have yet another go at the refurbished watch lottery Disappointed

• I haven't noticed any battery drain problems on recent firmwares.  My watch usually lasts around 7 - 10 days on a single charge which would include 4-5 runs per week and a few walks as well. 12% per day without activities seems to be excessive.

• I would suggest that you first just wear the watch a couple of days to see if things level out. I've noticed that my own 5+ sometimes consumes more battery for a while (after firmware upgrade, that might take 2 days), then it returns to normal consumption. This happens rarely, so it doesn't bother me, but I've been wondering if it's caused by some internal background task (map indexing, flash memory trimming, etc.), bad bluetooth connection, bad contact to skin (causing the watch to use more battery to get heart rate), or what. Only Garmin knows. Slight smile

My typical consumption has been around 8 % per day in regular use, but when that odd consumption surge happens, it's around 12 % a day just like you've noticed. And my figures are with a custom CIQ watch face, 24/7 HR and bluetooth connection.