Are You Happy With Your Fenix 5+??

I was just wondering. Mine is pretty good and stable right now. I was thinking of upgrading to a F6X Pro when the F7 comes out. Do you folks have plans like this?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Bought mine in May/June of 2018 and have been pretty happy with it. I let it discharge down to 10% to maximize battery life before sticking it on the charger. I have been getting about 2 weeks + with mixed use (and using bluetooth earbuds during a few runs). I had one issue with it so far in which a downloaded song and deleted that song later on - only to have that song stuck in my watch's playlist but nothing comes through - it just pauses my music, and the album art shows. My only fix was to reset the watch - which resolved the issue. 

I am excited about the Fenix 6x pro solar - but so far I have resisted buying one due to the possibility of that face getting damaged (rough at work - always banging into sharp pointy objects). The Fenix 7 is certainly going to come out (unless it is called something else). I am betting that they will bring improvements to the 7, and probably the sapphire glass with Solar to provide some protection (like the tactix delta solar).

• No problems here. Does everything I need and nothing I don’t. 

• Until recently I have been reasonably happy with mine but now I am in refurb hell.

My First Fenix was replaced with a brand new unit due to a sticking button, despite trying all the fixes. The replacement did last a year or so until the altimeter failed and the battery life dramatically reduced.

I was then issued with a refurb which seemed fine for a week until it too developed a sticking button, now awaiting another refurb.

Much as I love Garmin kit I have been somewhat disappointed with the build quality and longevity or these watches and so far the QC of refurbs has failed to impress. If these were cheap devices I wouldn't mind so much but when they are at the upper end of the wearable price range I would expect better 

• NO. Simply. Not happy. After a few months of 'normal' wear the charging pins started to oxidise. Now they have worn down to the base and I am lucky if I can get the charging cable to make contact despite every single time having to clean the contacts with IPA, which I have to carry with me wherever I go. Garmin won't sort it out or replace it. The watch will soon be unusable and worth zero. This is for a $1000 watch which is a total rip-off by Garmin. The CEO of Garmin should be ashamed.

• I've had a similar problem though it took longer than a few months. I bought this here

www.amazon.com/.../B07N18DX6Y

which was recommended on this thread. Works a treat.