Battery Low after 6hours

Hello Guy,

I have been dealing with my battery issue on my Fenix 5 plus since a couple of weeks.

Indeed, my watch tune off after 6h of hiking with the GPS enabled . I did not change any setting since few montes, my watch is up to date.
I wanted to know if you have ever been this issue receltly with your watch?

Of course I called Garmin support just asking me to update the watch and reset the settings, It's what I did Disappointed
Thanks for your support and have a great day.

Gilles

• I have upgraded mine to 15.20 - And I have never had any issues with a battery working less than 8 hours unless Light is turned on listening to music using the Spotify app.

I would suggest that you switch to a regular watch-face - Then you turn off the watch, waits 2 minutes and turn it on. Let it fully charge overnight and then see how long time you can let it run before getting the message with battery low.

• If this is a sudden decrease of battery life, check for anything that might have changed (new watchface, datafield, change in usage, etc). Always try a simple switch off/on. A reset to defaults is a next reasonable try.

There are many factors influencing the capacity of Li-Ion batteries over time; there is really good information to be found here.

After gradual loss of battery life over many months, after a couple of resets, and while using a stock watchface, it isn't very likely to be a software issue unfortunately.

Not advice, but I replaced the battery in my 5 Plus. It had lost capacity very gradually and lately I had to charge it every day. Opening your watch is a risk of course.

• Thanks guys for your reply Slight smile

I'll try to do some changes and update my watch.

Thanks.

Gilles