Jabra Elite 65T won’t pair

My Fenix 5 Plus will not pair with my Jabra EarPods.  In fact I have never been able to get it to pair to any headphones.

I have read all the forums and suggestions and tried them all.  I can get the watch to see the EarPods but it always fails to connect.

I have tried Home WIFI on and off.

All Bluetooth devices in house on and off.

iPhone on and off.  Note - they connect seamlessly to my phone every time.

I have rebooted the watch countless times.

I have reset all settings on my watch.

Tried having EarPods connected to phone first, then attempt pair to Jabra.

Nothing seems to work.

Quite frankly, I’m very disappointed in the Fenix 5.  I bought it specifically to use for listening to music whilst exercising and it doesn’t work.

I’m also disappointed at the number of frustrations many other users seem to have with EarPods/headphones.  For the price of the product, these basic consumer expected functions should work much more consistently than what they do in practice.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Matt

• Sorry about your problem. I think I remember that there is a sort of known issue about Garmin products and Jabra earphones in general. Somewhere there is a list of Garmin "approved" earphones, as if bluetooth was not a good enough standard itself, but evidently Garmin implements it in their own specific way, probably because they use some kind of cheap hardware that they sell us for a very high margin. I have been using lots of different earphones with my 3 Garmin watches (Vivoactive HR, Vivoactive 3 Music, Fenix 5 Plus), and I never had a major problem. Now I use the Atershokz Aeropex, which I find absolutely fantastic. The only problem I have is that the back 1 track button sequence on the earphones works, but not the skip to the next track. Probably because Garmin is not implementing the bluetooth standard properly: the same sequence works flawlessly with my phone. My suggestion would be to try with different brands of earphones.

• I have the 75t's so of course this may be very different. 

Have you made sure no other devices, computers & phones can connect to the EarPods when you enable bluetooth pairing on the Jabra's? This is to ensure that no existing paired devices will cancel out the bluetooth pairing. (I think you have looking at your message)

My setup now works flawlessly, but I had a few problems earlier on. I use Amazon Music and I could not really use the watch to play songs until I had a full uninterrupted transfer of all the music I tried to sync. After the first "clean" sync all has work perfectly (including consequent music syncs.)

Can't disagree with the cost vs features on the 5+, when I got mine it was still top of the range. But I am now very disappointing that we do not get any new features at all!

• Will likely make it all the more frustrating for you, but my Jabra 65t (v2.34) work fine with my 5S+ (v13.0).

Pairing originally done with v12.0.

I also have a couple of pairs of random cheap chinese Bluetooth headphones and they have have worked fine with it previously.

• Hi All, 

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.  I have finally got them to pair successfully.  I didn’t do anything different from what I had already tried countless of times so cannot explain what worked this time.  Anyway they are now working but I have to wear the watch on my right wrist when running.  I see that seems to be what a lot of others also experience,