During ‘race an activity’ NO turn prompts, reference course/activity NOT shown on the map

I am quite familiar with navigation on my Fenix 5+, and also followed Courses for a couple of times. I used activities from the watch memory, used courses created from activities in GC abd downloaded as courses to my watch, and used activities downloaded as activities from GC (interestingly they also show up under Courses on the watch).

Nowadays I tried ‘Race an activity’ under Training and realized that it did not support any navigation-like feature. So if you race against an activity, you can see whether you are before or not, but you cannot see the raced activity/course on the map, you do not see any next turn information etc.

Moreover if you select Navigation after you have selected Race an activity and you choose the same activity/course under Navigation you silently kill/cancel Race an activity. If you do them in the opposite way, that is first selecting a course navigation then a Race an activity you will be explicitly  asked to cancel the course navigation.

My question: is it how it should work? Does Race an activity exclude any navigation-like support including elevation plots?

Another interesting fact is that my watch shows Climb Pro when Racing an activity, but not the Elevation Plot of the whole activity, which seems to confirm that Navigation is disabled under Race an activity.

Thanks for any precise feedback.