This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin fenix 5s will not charge

When I connect to the usb cable it just shows a battery on the screen of the watch, it will not power on, cannot do a soft reset either. When I unplug screen goes blank. Not sure what to do next?

please help me!

• I have never had any of my units even get warm when charging let alone cooking! Did you mention this to support?

• Yes, I mentioned it. I also talked about how I have to put it in the refrigerator to cool down. Same response. 

• Geez, that’s rough. I really would have thought it would be deemed a fire risk issue. 

I can say that my unit and my wife’s unit have been pretty reliable so far (mind you they are only 2 years old). Only the odd firmware bug which generally gets sorted quick smart.

I think the only thing you can do is judge how you felt about the support (or lack thereof) and if you would be willing to spend $120 to maintain your relationship with the company. Otherwise, lots of really nice smart watches out there......

• For anyone's information, I bought a replacement battery+back from China for $30 and now everything is working perfectly. Granted, I haven't fully tested the performance or reliability, but it's nice to have a working watch once again to try troubleshooting other potential issues.  

• With the watch not connected, hold three buttons down (light, down and start buttons) for 15-20 seconds and try charging again.