Watch won’t connect to my phone

Can anyone help - I’ve had my watch for 18 months and experienced no problems until a week ago - now it won’t connect to my phone or Wi-fi??

• in brief: EVERY morning ANDROID PHONE RESET solves similar problem for me. 

In detail:

I had/have similar problem, but it seems to be result of some phone bluetooth firmware update. It was OK on Sony Xperia Z5Compact, was fine on BBKEYOne for some time, but after some update of phone (Still oreo android) the bluetooth started to disconnect-block. The only way how to fix this situation (connect watch to the phone) is to restart phone. I tried several times to BT on/off, redo the pairing, but no success even after watch full reset. Interesting is, that all other BT devices have no problem - maybe some compatibility issue...

After some time (did not tested exactly how long) the phone drops connection and it is impossible to connect again. So every morning phone reset routine keeps me connected. 

I do not use WIFI on Fenix at all.

• I"ve had the some problem (on Fenix 5) but turning BT on/off on my phone solves it for a couple of hours.  There's been updates to the Garmin connect app and the watch software in the last 2 weeks which has corresponded with the connection issues.

• I've had the same problem for a while. Restarting the smartphone doesn't help. It only fixed the problem until the next reconnection. Then I delete the watch in Garmin Connect and add the watch to Garmin Connect again. This fixed the problem for me.

• Always the same answers to the same issue that Garmin is simply not intelligent enough and too ignorant to get it working. :)

Simply forget any hope this will ever work as it does on si many other supercheap products.