Large CIQ Storage Capacity upgrade.

Anyone else notice we have a huge amount of storage allocated to CIQ apps all of a sudden..... Its gone from 2mb.. to about 16mb....awsome..... I can download what I want without fear of running out of storage like I used to.

• This could be related to the new animation stuff available in CIQ apps, as apps with that can get quite large.

• Thanks for your reply Jim..... : -)

Yes I've noticed a couple of new apps taking just over 1mb of storage space... and thought it was getting to much.. before I noticed the storage capacity upgrade... I don't think the 5 series got it... just the plus series I think.... I always thought we were struggling for memory anyway... especially when you have all program slots filled on the watch... I used to have just a few kb left.... now I've more memory left than that's been used.. which sets 5plus users up for the future I guess.... I wonder what developers like yourself will do with all the extra memory. :-) 

All the best... Sam. 

• You'll notice my "Where Is It?" is only 14k Slight smile

Animations do take a lot, and there's other apps like some star charts that use a bunch, and some watch faces with options for different fonts will use a fair amount of storage.

I suspect you'll only see this on music devices (so not the f5, just the f5+) as they have a much larger amount of storage than non-music devices.