Why not develop similar data screen with Fenix 6s

I recently purchased a Fenix 6s, noticed it is with similar screen size with my Fenix 5x Plus.

I like the data screen in 6s, with top and bottom visual widget, such as compass, HR zone, PLUS, there can be 6 fields in one screen.

Since it looks like similar screen size, I hope the next firmware update in Fenix 5x Plus can contain a data screen update inside!

• That would be a nice feature... but I don't think Garmin will ever bring six datafields to one screen on the 5 X plus ....

There has to be some differences between the  5x plus.. 6s and 6x pro... otherwise there's no point to upgrade for most people I'd imagine .. other than the larger screen on the 6x..

No harm in keeping one's finger's crossed though.. : -) 

• That’s a poor excuse for Garmin. The differences between watches should not be widgets and watch faces, but hardware features. Just like every other bit of tech we buy. 

• While the screens on the two devices are about the same size the F6 does have a higher screen resolution. 

Since the F5plus is now effectively a replaced unit I would only expect bug fixes and minimal CIQ updates for future use releases.  I would not expect to see new layouts being added to the F5plus.  If you want more data on the screen, then you should look at the third party developer options in the CIQ store.

• I agree, apparently, Fenix 5x Plus is not suitable for girls but Fenix 6s does. They still have clear targeted audience segment.

• finger's crossed , but maybe they've moved dev source to new products

• Cool, will try to find something can change the in-activity data screen in CIQ, if there is.

But still less Garmin users have experience in it. If the data screen can be updated by firmware update, will benefit to all Fenix 5x plus users with/without CIQ DEV experience.

• I agree... there was a hint of sarcasm in my post lol... I mean other than a larger screen and on the 6x etc.. .(I don't need more memory and happy with my battery) .. I personally have no other reason to upgrade... for £850...not interested in software tweaks for that kind of money.

Hate the spring bars.... I have beautiful machined nuts and bolts on My 5x plus... much more innovative... and practical. (hard to get off non quick release bracelets without damage to the case with the spring bars) 

I'd have less CIQ prg's... at least for the moment...if I upgraded...(Ive checked) 

and software seems to be problematic with the 6 range if you look at their forum lol... I've not seen anything like it before. 

Our 5 plus software is much more stable. 

Your point about differences.... Phones/computer's/laptop's /tablets etc... are all the same though.... Next model will give you a bit more ram.. a bit more processing speed.. a bit more graphical power. . etc... we have to except this of course.....The incremental stages are to small I agree. 

• Even though the f5+ and f6s have similar screens (240x240) (the f6 is 260x260 and the f6x 280x280), the fonts are different between the f5+ and f6s, meaning that the same options likely aren't possible - for example, the 6 field layout.

• If something like: Font can be defined in firmware, it's about "willing to upgrade" or not. Sure, "willing" shall taking into cost and other factors into account.

• I went for an climb activity last weekend with my friend owns 6s pro, apparently, the map loading and processing performance in 5X Plus is much better than 6s pro.

In 6s pro, when I tried to scroll data screen from normal one to MAP, about 2 seconds latency... when I tried to zoom in, still need time to wait for loading.

But in 5X plus has nearly no latency, very immediate responding.

So, IMO even Garmin developed similar in-activity data screen, user will also choose different series upon their own requirements.