fenix 5 plus - Enhancement Requests

Hello Everyone,

I purchased my fenix in Spring 2019 and have been loving it so far. I'd love to open up a forum thread to give visibility to user's enhancement requests to improve the experience of owning a fenix watch. Feel free to share any ideas, no matter how crazy. 

For starters, I'd like to see axis labels on the longer-term heart rate monitor widget.

- Erik 

• Hi mate! I dont refer to be saved with the name "pilates" on the tittle of the activity, i refer to the type activity that GC saves it. It is not the same. ;) in the way you said, the activity is being saved as a cardio activity, but yes with the name you choose when you created it. Per example, i make 2 sessions of pilates per week, i have done a trainning notes for that sessions on gamin connect for follow the steps by simples notes during my pilates activity. It is only possible to transfer it to the device as a cardio. Try to make a simple trainning notes and be transfered to the devices as pilates you will see that F5 is not compatible only with the newest devices. This a kind of things that screw me and Garmin didnt support for older devices. This is a dummy thing for Gamin to be implemented on the old ones.

• To add another request; it'd be great if the workflow to chain together multiple workout types together was easier. I know there is a triathlon preset, however, when I go to the gym I'll  use a combination of the bike, lifting, run,  and maybe use the rowing machine. It'd be great if it were easy to specify fitness segments within in a single workout activity. 

• Improve the sleep tracking. Is by far the worst I have seen in any smartwatch.
    • Being able to assign Garmin Pay to a shortcut.
    • Being able to do a button sequence instead of input a PIN in Garmin Pay. If you want to have a somewhat secure PIN it requires an incredibly long number of button pushes.
    • When you receive a notification, instead of getting down button for options and activity for opening the notification, let us to press down to read the notification and press activity for options.
    • Add support for more emojis on the notifications widget.
    • Make it easier to read all notifications together, in example, when you receive several messages from one WhatsApp contact.
    • Add some kind of support for activities that are not sport based. In example, SmartWake -great app- makes the watch stop measuring stress levels.
  • When will be this feature ready in our devices? https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/general/pre-made-workouts-from-garmin-connect/

If you try create a Yoga workout you will see that it isnt possible

• How about the light button not interfering with turn by turn (hiking routing) alerts.

Every time I press the light button to see in the dark the turn direction.... It cancelles the alert!

• I forgot when I posted this: it is ridiculous I can't read messages in japanese in a non japanese watch. We are in 2020, unicode has been supported on everything from operative systems to microcontrollers for decades.

• I’d like to see the backcountry skiing app like it has been added in software version 5.00 of Fenix 6.

• Long hiatus here but an Enhancement came to mind from my sailing trip from CT to Block Island. The Boating app only loads the map in particular chunks around land of interest. It would be nice if the chunk size was expanded for deeper water tracking.