How to delete sport apps, created by copying built-in sport apps?

As far as I know, for some reason there is no way, how to delete sport Aplications which you created by copying built-in sport apps!

When you choose "Remove App", aplication is just hiden under "+ Add" option.

Even if you connect your watch to PC (in USB mode MTP) and in folder GARMIN \ SPORTS delete specific sport application, after you restart a watch, the deleted application is back. Why? It probably could be solved only by factory reset, but it is a step, that I don't want to do because of such trifle.

• Don't do factory reset. It does not help with copied built-in sport apps. I had created 3 but they stayed in "add" section after factory reset.

• Go to Activities and Apps, find the activity there, then Delete it - one step below Remove 

• No, your advise can't help. Do you know why? Because there is not such an option like Delete. (Fenix 5X Plus, software 10.00) Did you read what I wrote? Even if you delete a file of application (like "Running(2).fit"), it does not delete the app from menu. Did you read what macnuts wrote? Even if you do factorey reset, it does not delete the app from menu ...

• Read this post. Follow the steps. DELETE the activity you created by copying another one.

On your 5X+:

• Go to Settings: Activities and Apps
    • Find the activity you want to delete in the list and Select it - press top right button
    • Then press Up to get to Delete.
    • Press top right, select Continue and it's gone

The operative action here is Delete not Remove, not Remove from Favourites

but DELETE.

My guess is that you do not know about the Activities and Apps item in the Settings menu.

PS

I've also assumed that your aggressive tone is purely because English is not your first language.

• If you would wrote in your first post that an app has to be deleted from the "Activities and Apps" menu, I could understand you! OK, you wrote it ... :-D

But as you guessed, I wasn't in that menu, since that time I found, that there is shorter way to Apps by pressing START button.

How and why should somebody assume, that in "Activities and Apps" menu is hidden one more option? Why should somebody look for it there, if an app can't be delete neither by deleting a file, nor by factory reset.

Missing item "Delete" in "START menu" is simply a fault.

I've assume, that your sarcastic tone is purely because English is your first language... but in spite of that, your advice workes! Thank you for your patience ;)

• philipshambrook, I can only say that you also had me confused with "Go to Activities and Apps" in your first post. My first thought was "Yes, but where? Is this in some menu on the watch? Some menu on the phone? Some menu in Garmin Express? A file folder?".

So I fully understand Honza's confusion, and it isn't because of a language barrier.

Anyway, your advice actually solved a related problem for me, and in case others experience the same problem, I will describe it here:

I was unable to add new activities by copying an existing activity. The watch told me that I had too many already. And even though I removed some, I would still get the message.

I had not discovered that these activities were actually still present on the "+ ADD" list. I actually don't think I have ever used that list, since I can also copy an activity from that activity's own menu.

After reading the posts from you and Honza, it dawned on me, that my problem was actually the eventual outcome of Honza's problem. So I did this to resolve it:

• Open the activity list by pressing the top right button
    • Go to "Add +" to create a new activity.
    • Choose one of the "ghost" activities which I had previously removed.
    • Now the activity is back in the activity list.
    • DELETE it, using your explanation above. 

Now I am again allowed to create new activities.

Thanks.

• I tried to follow your advice but DELETE was missing from options menu. REMOVE was the option I got when I pressed up. I am sure I tried to delete copy of std activity,  not a renamed std activity. And it was "press & hold UP button -> Settings -> Activites & Apps -> custom activity name -> START button" menu.

That custom activity got marked as standard-ish somehow. Any idea how to make it "delete-capable" again?

• I am experiencing the exactly same issue on Forerunner 945 and I can assure you that there is no option "Delete" in the "Activities and Apps". I can provide screenshots if needed. So this issue is on several watch models and is not resolved. I am talking about deleting activities that are created by copying built-in sport activities. There is no way to remove them.

• Delete only shows up for activities that are a copy of the original profile.  If you are looking at the original, you will only get the option to remove it.  Or at least that is what I am seeing on my F5PLUS.

• Thank you. I have included some screenshots. The activity named "Test" is a copy of the built-in "Climb" activity. As you can see there is no option "Delete" for it. Is this a bug?