This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Fenix 5X Plus sudden battery drain Issue

I have Garmin Fenix 5x Plus and i use it in watch mode only. All sensors, GPS, WIfi, bluetooth is off, No connectivity with Mobile. I charged it to 100% and battery was fine till 44%. It came to 44% in approx 10 days. I leave it with 44% at night and when in morning i pick it up it was 0% and battery need new recharge. This behavior was not for first time. Last time battery drained quickly in similar way over night from 74% to 16%. Garmin claims 20 days without recharge in watch mode and i used it in one recharge for 20 days many times. I have this watch since 1 year and i am shocked the battery behavior of it.

Chinese smart watches even have batter battery life than that and they just cost 80 to 100%. Can any body have solution to this issue.

• Anyone experiencing excessive battery drain on your Fenix 5 Plus watch, please contact your closest regional Garmin Product Support so we can resolve your issue or warranty exchange your watch. Please go here and Select Your Location.

• The authorized service centres here in Singapore do not seem to receive any notice about this to understand that this is a known issue. Worst thing is they do not have stocks to do replacement and wanted me to leave my watch with them to test it for few days to confirm this issue even though I can show them proof of the battery discharge rate right on the spot. Can you guys please make sure they are aware of this issue and have safety stocks to provide replacement watch to the customers? 

• I just started having the same issue on my Garmin Fenix 5x plus as well, goes normal upto around 35-40% and then suddenly just dies overnight and it was recently updated to 12.0 I think. Please keep me in the loop if you figure out the problem 

• Same issue since the ransomware attack a few weeks ago

• I turned off/on watch and it helped

• - I want to be very clear that the 4-days we were down while everything was being resolved by our IT Teams, it was on our end only and impacting our online abilities only.

If experiencing abnormal battery drain, please try the following:

When testing your watch after the resets, do not re-add any Connect IQ and test your watch battery over 2-3 drains. If you continue to have an excessive battery drain, please reach out to our Garmin Outdoor Product Support and we will gladly work with you further.

This is an old battery drain thread and there are newer threads so I am locking this thread.