Bluetooth toggle disappeared from holding light button menu; doesn't pair/connect to any bluetooth device (phone, stryd, headphones). Any help?

Today I went for a run and thought it was strange that my fenix 5 plus didn't connect to thr stryd footpod. I did the run anyway. However I was unable to sync the run with garmin connect mobile (it synced through wifi when I got home). I tried every trick available to my knowledge (uninstalled GCM from the iPhone, removed the watch from the bluetooth list of iOS and made a factory reset of the watch) - still not able to sync anything to bluetooth. Everything else in the watch is working perfectly, but I also noticed that the Bluetooth toggle usually available from holding the light button is missing.

Any insights anyone?

thanks!

Alex

• You can customize the content of the Controls Menu to fit your needs. You can also change the sequence.

Menu - Settings - Controls - Add (my watch is set to my native language, english wording might differ slightly.)

• I had the same question about the holding-light-button-menu options; thanks for the answer. Also added Flashlight, really handy!

As to the watch not connecting to any BLE device: there are a few possibilities. Did you get that working in the mean time? If not, do you have any ANT+ sensors and do they connect?

• I am considering buying a Fenix 5 plus. Do you know if there is an option to assign a Hot Key to the wallet? I know it is available in the controls menu, however it is more convenient to just hold a button to pay. A related question: do you have to enter the passcode every time you pay with your watch or does it remember until you put the watch off your wrist? Thank you!

• F5plus is old iron. Dont buy it

• 1) Can't assign hotkey, unfortunately.

2) You inserti PIN only 1st time and not again until you take the watch off your wrist or reboot it.

• Do not buy Garmin products at all or you will definately experience the same frustration as so many others in here.

There are better working (or at least as sold working), cheaper and better looking alternatives out there.

Really think twize before you take the wrong decision - it's YOUR money you are wasting for THEM to buy THEIR Porsches and champagne laughing at you silly customer.

• Thanks for the answers. It is really a shame that Garmin's software is so buggy, and there are bugs that will never be fixed. However, I owned several Garmin products and I really like them. Fortunatelly, most of the problems reported on the forums have either been fixed or they were not affecting my daily use, so I stick with these sometimes buggy products. I don't see any other alternative that gives me all the features I like in Garmin watches (Garmin Pay, maps and advanced navigation, advanced swimming functions, ...).