This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Album / Album Artist / Artist mp3 tags

It seems that F5+ and Garmin Express incorrectly handling "Artist / Album Artist" mp3 tags. I have few albums like a "100 best running songs" that is obviously a single album but every track has different artist. So, in the watch all tracks become split over artists and terrible showing as 100 albums! In contrary, in GE the same issue exist with "Album Artist" tag. So, to make such albums properly work in both GE and F5+ I have to make all three tags "Album/Album Artist/Artist"equal. 

I just curious, if anybody don't care or maybe there is workaround exists? So odd that such basic bug that is more typical for the very beginner programmers seems exist for years in Garmin. 

• I care, and would be happy if it was solved... Not hoping that Garmin will care as much!

• The same issue exists on my Fenix 6s Pro and it is highly frustrating. You pay hundreds of dollars for a top tier product only to discover that their own music player is littered with the most trivial of bugs. 

I initially wanted to organize my music using playlists only to realize that they remain in the My Music App even if you delete the corresponding files and folders (see here). Garmin has known about this for over 3 month. 

Then I thought I could work around this by using the mp3 tags as surrogates and set the album tag to group music to my liking only to discover that this is broken too. 

How is it possible that such trivial functionalities are not fixed? What has to happen here for Garmin to finally listen? 

• Yep, agree.

Actually, Garmin has great products with many useful features and UI details. It looks like Garmin has is a single person in a house who determine _main_ features and product's look and feel. However, it also looks like actual programming made by unprofessional team who does not pay attention to such details.

Overall, Garmin products for me look very much like "home-made" tool. It's far away from Apple watch shining, for example, which is all way around - great attention to details but lack of functionality and usefulness. 

• I am trying to submit a bug report using the e-mail option on their "contact us" page and it seems that their page is conveniently broken in that when I press the submit button, nothing happens. 

If you have the time, would you be able to confirm this? Not that I have hopes of this ever getting fixed, but I believe that the more people make noise about this, the slightly higher the chances for a solution are. 

PS: Based on the browser console output it fails with (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.117)

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
    legacyApplication_1.2.0.js:1 Failed to reach apihelperSendSecureEmail
    (anonymous) @ legacyApplication_1.2.0.js:1

• Don't worry, they'll probably did this as a "feature upgrade" in the Fenix 7. Oh, you thought your 1 year old $900 watch would get an update? Hah, sorry, you'll have to buy the newest model!

• I created an email to support via the contact us site, then seconds later received "Confirmation of email submission" from Garmin.

• Awesome, thank you for confirming, please share their response with us. I ended up writing them directly at [email protected]. If I do not receive a response within the next couple of days I will try the email form again.