WiFi 0200 Error

Garmin is continuing to work to fully resolve the Wifi 0200 error that some users are seeing.  We expect to have a software update in the near future that fully resolves this for all impacted devices. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround that we can recommend.  This workaround will work on the following devices:

• vívoactive 3 Music
  • vívoactive 4
  • Venu
  • Forerunner 645 Muisc
  • Fenix 5 + Series

To complete the workaround, use the following steps:

1. Visit http://download.garmin.com/pub_cert/root_ca/general/general-ca-bundle2.pem
  2. Right click the page and select Save As
  3. Save the file to your desktop as general-ca-bundle.crt
  4. Connect your watch to the computer*
  5. Put the file in the Garmin folder
  6. Disconnect the watch from the computer and the file will install

This workaround will not work on Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 945, fenix 6 Series, or MARQ Series.  The fix for these devices is still in progress and expect to have public beta in the near future. 

*Mac users will need to use Android File Transfer to get your watch to go into mass storage.  You will need to fully Quit the Garmin Express program to run the Android File Transfer program. 

• Does not help anything! The connection to my Wifi-network can be established and the test is successful, but when trying a sync different error messages occur (tested 3 routers). It works flawless with friends Wifi and at work! My Fenix 3 worked without issues in all those networks. This is very annoying!

• Still waiting for a solution.....

• Same problem fenix 3 is working 5x+ is not

• Hi, my fix was not to use any router wifi, but use the wifi generated with my Mac Pro which is connected to ethernet, and it works perfectly ever since (the Mac Pro wifi has channel 11 and 2.4GHz). Hope it is worth trying, i.e. using some other device to generate wifi instead of the home router.  

• Just got the issue in my Fenix 5X Plus. I logged out of Amazon Music. Now I can't get back in, even after reinstalling - "connecting to WiFi" then times out.

• @ has the solution that worked for me. Cross posted to: forums.garmin.com/.../945839

1.One hop - connect to the Wi-Fi on my Netgear cable modem/router. Amazon Music connects - I was able to register.

2. Two hop - main floor Netgear Wi-Fi or Linksys Velop. Amazon Music does not connect, the Wi-Fi spinning wheel.

3. Garmin Express - "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect." Fenix 5X Plus does not show as connected. 

Does not work - Tools and Content, Utilities tab, Wi-Fi Networks. Also does not remember my Garmin account and password.

When the Garmin account and password "stick," are remembered - then the Wi-Fi Networks option is available to manage the Wi-Fi networks on the watch.

• I purchased the Fenix 5S Plus June 24, 2020, for three reasons, the ability to play music on the go, track my fitness level, and the 7Day battery life. For two days I've been receiving the Wifi 0200 Error, I've been searching the web and cannot find anything to fix this, so until Garmin fix this, here is what has worked for me.

How to download music from Amazon Music to Garmin Fenix 5S Plus:

1. Update your device, use Garmin Connect on a laptop (Took three hours for me)

2. Setup your Amazon App on the device via Garmin IQ

3. On your phone, set up a personal hotspot, (I am using an I phone 6S)

4. On your Garmin watch go into wifi settings, delete any existing wifi network, then add the hotspot network as a Wifi network, enter your password.

5. Now go back to Amazon Music, and download a playlist (25 songs download in approx 5 min)

DONE

Note:

- If your battery is below 65% then it will not download the music.

- Stop your phone from going into sleep mode otherwise, it may lose the hotspot connection and stop downloading the music.

- Make sure you are connected to Garmin Connect at all times.

Let me know if it works for you and if it does, then like the post so others can find it too, 

Thanks, 

• Have had my Fenix 5 Plus for four days now and cannot get Amazon Music to work on it.  The above cert issue hasn't resolved anything for me.  So disappointing - this feels like a big bug with the watch switching from the Garmin Connect phone to the wifi network.  Is there any update Garmin?  

• Quick update - after fighting with it for ever, my watch then asked if I wanted to install the latest f/w.  After that I got the same error.  So I kept deleting the network and re-adding on the watch out of sheer annoyance.  And after the fourth or fifth attempt of deleting and then adding my wifi network on the watch, it actually worked and then downloaded my Amazon Music playlists.  Fingers crossed that this really has been fixed in f/w 12...