This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Audio Cues Via Headphone

Is it possible to have audio cues communicated to a set of headphones?

I'm doing some interval training at the minute and have a change of pace every "x" minutes, my watch will beep a 5 second countdown and then vibrate, but when listening to music through BT headphones, the countdown bleeps are really quiet.  Is it possible to get these countdown bleeps to be played via the BT headset when it is connected?

• you may be aware of this, but if you have your phone on you it can be done through Garmin Connect: support.garmin.com/.../

• Thanks for this this is an area of the app that I hadn't really looked into.  I'm not sure if this will give the alerts that I'm looking for, but it's a starting point - thank you.

What I'm trying to achieve is this:
    I have some interval training plans, which involves running and sprinting.  I run for 5mins, sprint for 30seconds, run for 60seconds, sprint for 30seconds, run 3minutes sprint 30seconds etc etc etc.
    My watch is set up with all the intervals, and 5seconds before the change in pace the watch counts down with a number of bleeps and then vibrates.  The problem is the bleeps are really quiet and with headphones on, even on the lowest volume the bleeps are all but inaudible from the watch, so I'm relying on the watch vibrate to alert me to the change in pace; whereas if I could get the 5 second warning tone in my headphones, then I wouldn't miss the speed changes.

I'll do some digging around, but do you know if this is achievable?

Cheers,
    Iain

• I think, but haven’t tested it, that you can enable this in Settings - Audio Prompts and then either “Lap Alpert’s” or “Timer Events”. 

It’s a good question though, I’ve often struggled to hear the beeps beside a busy road and do find the vibration a bit weak so when running it’s not always obvious that the watch has vibrated. If the above doesn’t do this then it would be a good feature for Garmin to provide. 

• Thanks, at least it's not just me.  Not sure how we can escalate this up to Garmin support, can it be that difficult to sort??

• This would be a really helpful feature! I've suggested this on these forums a couple of times over the past few years. I've even admitted this to Garmin's 'ideas' program. Nothing so far...

Garmin, please make this happen! I want to hear those beeps through my headphones too!

• Count with me too. I'm using the garmin trainings, lot's of workouts is interval workouts and the beeps are barely noticeable now in winter season when you have long sleeves and cap. Playing at least the basic beeps would help a lot while I can imagine it could give you even more info about desired pace or length of next step and number of step - info which is normally displayed on watch. 

• Ugh... was sooo hoping for an answer here.  I know exactly what you are trying to achieve as I am too.   What's more frustrating is that it clearly can be done as this feature was possible on my Forerunner 245 Music.   The countdown tones would override the music in my headphones and help me know the next interval was coming up.  I upgraded to the Fenix 6 and now the tones ONLY come from the watch and NOT through the headphones.  On the 245 Music, there is an extra setting under Audio Prompts called Audio Tones.  That feature is NOT available on the Fenix 6 and not sure why.... but that is what we are looking for.

• Yup. I can't fathom this not being done. 

• There is much that falls under the 'unfathomable' category when it comes to the Garmin UI.