This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify issue - podcasts updating automatically....

Hi all,

I have just added Spotify to my Fenix 5 and I have a couple issues. 

I have 5 podcasts in Spotify. In any other app they update each day and I simply put my headphones in and select the specific podcast I want to listen to and its the latest one. Garmin tech support told me I need to go into each of the 5 podcasts on a daily basis and manually update them - surely this isn't right? If it is that's unusable as who has that kinda time!

Thanks in advance all, Nick

• Hey Nick, I don't use spotify for podcasts, but every time i plug my watch into the charger it kicks off a sync with spotify if it finds a wifi network i've added to the watch. I would expect podcasts to also update during this time. 

The spotify app is not really a Garmin app, so if you have feedback on how it works it is probably best to contact the app developer from the CIQ store. When browsing the CIQ website you can see a link "contact developer" on the right side of the page. If viewing via your phone, the link is near the bottom of the main app page. 

• While there is no option to download a Podcast to your watch automatically, there is another option besides individually downloading each and every Episode individually.  You can create a Playlist (call it Podcast Episodes) and you should be able to add Episodes to that Playlist.  When the Playlist syncs with your watch, it will sync any Episodes that you currently have in the Playlist.  This should reduce some of the friction - but it would be nice if Spotify would make this automatic like other podcast vehicles.

• But, if you use Playlists, there is
    a) no memory of listened position
    b) no fast forward / backwards
    c) cannot pick which file I want to listen directly, need to skip to next track until I get the file I wanted. And that resets all positions and no way to fast forward, so while it addresses the sync problem, it does not work for podcasts. (The design of Playlist seem to assume it is small music files)