Any way to "calibrate" distances on Fenix 5S Plus

Hi - I went out for a run today and of course the watch reported the distance based on GPS.

I prefer to use the distance that google maps reports when the course is drawn out there. Is there an adjustment I can make that scales/adjusts the GPS distance used by the watch so it reports the google maps distance? Something like the scaling factor in Stryd, for example?

Thanks!

• I think we can agree that if «perfect» distance recording across all possible conditions is what one is after, then GPS is not really the way to go.

I’m very satisfied with my Stryd. I calibrated it to match the 1,16km distance around a small lake near my house, measured on Google Maps, which also matches the average of a great number of laps measured with GPS.

Maybe it’s not 200% correct, but at least it’s very close, and thanks to the Stryd it’s very consistant, also across different speeds. The great advantage with this setup over relying on GPS is that I can go run wherever I want, be it indoor, outdoor, track, trail, woods, in the city between tall buildings or whatever without ever needing to question the recorded distance.

• Have not seen this thread before, but it's a funny idea to use Google maps! Here in the woods I often meet people who are lost although they have a smartphone. Google or Apple maps have almost none of the trails and if they have, they are often incorrect.

OSM are very good here but even there the course is different from a drawn course (cutting corners...) - nevertheless this mostly fits quite well to the data of my F5+, e.g. yesterday in the woods 10,02km vs. 10,1km on OSM and I definitely cut some corners.

As we have so many trails, its easy to draw a track which is a bit different from my run, resulting in different distances and the assumption that the GPS is wrongWink