"Next waypoint" datafield not displaying anything

Hello everyone,

I'm running a mountain trail in one month where I need to set waypoints (because of time barriers I want to know how far and how above is the next waypoint).

I have pretty much figured out how to set these in the GPX course and transfer it on my watch, but while testing I have noticed that sometimes the "next waypoint" datafield doesn't show anything... Which makes is kinda pointless because then how to be sure that the "distance to next" and "V distance to next" relate to the good place ?

Has anyone had this issue before, and would have a clue what is wrong ?

Thanks a lot !
Lionel

• I actually have this issue "resolved" in a previous forum post here (but since the forum upgrade, I can't find it.. lolx)

The key here is - you gotta download the GPX file (as the FIT file) and then Physically connect your watch to the PC/Mac and then put them into the NEWFILES folder. 

You will see that it works a treat then. 

• Wow. Thanks a lot ! Would defnitely never have figured that out !
    Will try it tonight and report back. Thank you !

• Static test (just starting the activity without GPS) : it seems to be working Slight smile Thanks again !

• Cool. Took me a while to decipher it but I did go down rabbit hole to find it. 

However, one drawback (I postulate) is that you won’t get turn by turn notifications. I figure this is Cos the route is uploaded manually vs sent from connect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

so, if u have a specific turn that needs attention, better set that up as a course point. 

On on the other hand. I realized why the datafied always shows 001. 002 etc to next waypoint. (It’s actually coursepoints. The route is connected by 2000 etc points. It treats those as the waypoints. That’s y)