How to disable the infuriating, full screen, out of zone alerts

I have found other discussions about this for other devices, and nobody had a solution. I even tried turning off alerts for my workout, all it did was disable telling me what my power needed to be at right at the start of each interval (which I actually want to see), but still gave me those insane out of zone alerts.

You know, the ones that show a static power figure from some sample size Garmin decided to take, and completely cover up the dynamic readout of my current power, making it harder to actually get back in to the zone? Yeah, that one. How do I get rid of those stupid things? Who thought they were a good idea? I am sure there are some sadists out there that like to try to "learn to feel the right power." Fine, you can go to a data screen that doesn't display it, but when I am trying to train in a zone, I don't want you to not show me my current power.

I know my question is turning in to a rant, this is one of those areas where I don't think that Garmin has product managers that use the products. For the really big features, they seem to generally get it right. But little useability niggles that someone using the product day in and day out would get fixed never get fixed. Like how I still, 10 years in to using Garmin running/cycling devices, can't get a display that shows my in-zone paces (ie, if I set up an interval workout, please don't just show me an average pace that includes pace during the freaking rest times, Garmin - give me a readout somewhere, anywhere, that shows me what my interval average was).

This is another one of those things, I don't understand why they would cover up the whole screen when I'm trying to get back in to the correct zone. If someone knows of a good way to do this, please enlighten me.