Foot POD drop outs in gym with Fenix 5+

Hi there. I recently posted that I was experiencing signal drop outs with my Foot POD and HRM-tri while using my 935 https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-935-aa/1430923-foot-pod-hrm-run-drop-outs-in-gym This is while running on the treadmill at my gym. I place my watch on the treadmill and rely on the Foot POD for pace and cadence data. I now have a Fenix 5+ and experienced the same issue yesterday, this time only with the foot POD and not the HRM-tri.

In the attached pic, for the first 12min the pace data drops out for just a second or two. Previously this was thought to be due to interference within the gym potentially coming from wifi.

Could I please get some help having a look at the file - any thoughts? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1451197.png
  • Try it with watch on wrist
    I don't wear on the treadmill due to a lot of sweating which becomes annoying to wipe off the watch while running.

Thank you OnlyTwo

Havent yet got the 'low battery' message for the footpod but could be about time now I think. There are a couple watt bikes near by and I did start turning off the unused sensors but not all, so will give that a go. Appears the signal strength did improve by the end of the run (33% -> 69%).
  • I get the same issue (on treadmill running at steady speed, but footpod pace drops quite a bit), regularly lately, with my Fenix 5x. I don't take the watch off while running. The watch also reports the footpod battery to be "OK". It has been a while since I changed the battery, so I'll try that. If that fixes it, I guess the battery check "feature" on the footpod is worthless.