Loose charger cable connection?

Former Member
Former Member
I have owned my 5+ for about 1.5 months now and initially the charging cable/watch connection was rock solid. However, over time it has started to become flaky, such I need to search for the right way to lay the watch to maintain the charging connection (and not touch/disturb it). Based on forum searches, it seems like this plagued the original 5 series a year or so back, but the reported instances dropped off. Does anyone else suffer from this issue? If so, it is usually a cable issue, watch issue or something with the watch connection points that need to be cleaned? I'll follow up with Garmin support on Monday, but thought I would check with the forum in the meantime.
  • I have had this issue for six months and progressively got worse.  Tried cleaning connections numerous times to no avail. Tried using needle nose pliers to tighten the connection; didn't work.  I have a new cable on order and since I had nothing to lose messing with the old cable I sanded down the face of the connector on a finger nail ember board.  I simply rubbed the connector back and forth while keeping the connector square to the board.  This in effect shortened the connector by a tiny amount.  FIXED the problem completely.  Worth a try.

• The charging cable sucks. It pops are extremely easily. I have to position my wach in a particular way to keep the cord in place.

• The charging cable sucks. It pops are extremely easily. I have to position my wach in a particular way to keep the cord in place.