This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatically read weight from Apple Health app or MyFitnessPal?

I can't seem to get Garmin Connect to read Weight data either from Apple Health or MyFitnessPal. In the Apple Health app under Sources, Garmin Connect appears, but the only options available to allow Connect to read data are Date of Birth, Height and Sex; Weight isn't one of the options, which seems odd.

Garmin Connect and MyFitnessPal are connected, and Garmin Connect correctly pulls in calorie information logged in MFP, but does NOT pull weight data.

....any suggestions?
  • Garmin - are you reading this?
  • Probably not. You need to contact Garmin directly if you want a response.

But, if you look at the app setting for Apple Health it states "Allow Connect to WRITE data". In which I case would not expect Garmin to be READING data from Apple. And the explanation at the bottom of the list goes on to state "App Explanation: This allows Garmin Connect to WRITE data to Health."

Nothing there about READING data.

I don't use MFP, but I would expect the same to apply.
  • Keep scrolling down.

I've tried turning off the 'write' data options, but it didn't seem to change anything.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1397564.png
  • Interesting. I don't see that on mine - iPhoneX iOS whatever the latest version is.

Since the option isn't there to READ weight that would suggest there's nothing wrong. In which case, you need to talk with Garmin if you want to find any rationale.
  • Give that you and I are seeing different things, and there appeared to be no resolution earlier, you should contact Garmin if you have any expectations of wanting a solution.
  • Maybe you could stop posting in this thread if you have nothing of value to offer. The whole point of these forums - that Garmin very much does read; we've all seen them respond - is precisely to highlight issues.
  • This forum is essentially peer-to-peer and not a proper way of getting Garmin support. Garmin might drop in occasionally, in which case we should count ourselves lucky.

Instead of bumping your gums about my inability to help (actually I've indicated there might be more to this than is obvious since I don't have the same options on my Apple Health app), you might be better placed contacting Garmin support and seeking a response through the proper channels. That Garmin has not responded to this thread or the other thread you have referenced (which BTW was started 9 months ago) would suggest that a request needs to be made. So, why not stop whinging at me and log a formal request to Garmin support? The response you receive might be of value to your and anyone else who feels the option to read weight data from Apple health should be present.

And besides, the problem may well lie with Apple's Health app. Have you contacted Apple?

Just out of curiosity, what version of iOS are you running and on what iPhone. I am curious as to why I do not see any read options in my Apple Health app.
  • I am curious as to why I do not see any read options in my Apple Health app.

You should probably ask Garmin or Apple.
  • But I don't care. You are the one asking for assistance. We see differences. So that provides some more information for you to take to Apple or Garmin when you contact them.
  • You don't care?

I am curious as to why I do not see any read options in my Apple Health app

Your words man, but whatev.