Daily Suggested Workout prompts not working?

Hi,

I’m using Epix on 9.33. I have enabled daily suggested workout prompts, I have a training status, and I have a race added to my calendar. I have also recently finished a Garmin Coach program for my previous race.

I’ve followed the tip to remove any files in the Workouts/Schedule folder on my Epix by connecting it to my computer.

Daily suggested workouts are available under Workouts in the Run activity on my watch and seem to be correctly connected to my upcoming race.

But, I still can’t get the daily suggested workouts to prompt me when I open the Run activity on my watch.

The suggestions are not available in Calendar on Garmin Connect either, but I don’t know if they should be. Today’s suggestion is however available in the Calendar on the watch.

Any suggestions?

• for me it is working wihout a race in calendar, with race i also have problems

my workaround works without a race in calendar

im also in beta 17.22 and i was running with DSW today and no problems

• maybe you can write that is not YOUR workaround but MY workaround dear Laurie? :) 

• Yes. After installing software 17.20, I had Daily Suggestions present. He did one of them yesterday, because previously I had to do it according to the training plan, and yesterday I could use the regular Aerobic Base training from the calendar, so I took the opportunity to check it out. And so I check from 6 complications of the 17.XX software. The problem is identical, after performing DSW, waking up the next day, it does not appear in the morning report, when entering the calendar it blinks for a moment and exits it (the calendar is damaged and you cannot enter it). When entering the run mode, DSW do not appear, and yesterday in the training library settings, I only have the settings. I won't start a new plan and do a workout in it because I can't mess around with my running training to be a test for broken software, just because the development team doesn't do it. One of them should take the watch, run around, sleep with it and turn it on the next day. Maybe after 20-30 such attempts, it would motivate the programmers to sort it out. I hope Garmin doesn't blame me for this cynicism, but this is how it looks from our perspective. How many times can you mix up the algorithms and turn the clocks off and on, completely chaotically running through it. A little empathy would be nice here. I turned on Garmin Coach after turning off DSW alerts only as a test. Then I deleted the Garmin Coach Plan and turned on DSW alerts. Did not help. This method used to work, but programmers permanently damaged the best running functions in Garmin watches.

P.S. You did a run yesterday or earlier and when you woke up the next morning you still had DSW or you only see them but you don't use them? Because if you don't use it, we have nothing to talk about. The problem arises for those who want to use DSW day after day, and not their own random runs.

• Could you explain step by step what it looks like in detail, because maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I tried and it doesn't work. And it's probably related to previous test software. Many people say that they do not have the latest software, because sometimes you have to force updates. On 16.22 DSW were working fine. There was also a problem in the beta tests, but it resulted from changes in habits to DSW and settings.

• like i said im on 17.22 and i HAVE everyday DSW Running in Morning report, i use this everyday 

i had a race and this broked DSW i dont have anything in calendar and this works  and i dont have a training plan

i have calendar widget and there i see everyday the sugested workouts with or without phone connection

what i dont see is a today completed workout... is missing calender widget also in run trainig DSW

• You exacty described my situation and my feelings.

Yesterday I tried what the other user suggested but it didn't work.

Today I tried what Garmin-Laurie suggested and I hope, I can provide tomorrow a positive feedback about this issue.

IMHO I have the feeling, either I am doing something wrong (so it doesn't work for me) or the other users don't use the DSW as I do.

Anyway my DSW is related to a real event in 6 weeks and each time I reset my watch - as you told - it destroys my algorithm, so the training are getting "generic" (rather a lot of Basis)...

Considering the price of the EPIX and that formerly it was working perfectly, I feel really frustrated.

And yes, I also formerly was a Beta user (now am again, hoping for an early solution of the issue with the DSW)

• what Garmin-Laurie recomended is nothing new this is MY workaround that i posted more than a year ago

what the engineers do is nothing to resolv the bugs, this DSW bug is very old

all of you have a real race in calendar and DSW is broken

without a race it works

• maybe you can write that is not YOUR workaround but MY workaround dear Laurie? :)

The work around provided in my Update post was given to me by Garmin's engineering team. So this is why I did not refer to this as My update, but instead wrote: our engineers are recommending you try these steps, if you have having trouble with the DSW

If you contributed to finding this, thank you for your participation.

• youre welcome

i spent 1000 Euro for 50Mb software with many many many bugs and i try my best to make YOUR product better 

im also proud of your engineers that they use search function in forum and not code function in programming to resolve the bugs... and they have right we can make ourself like beta tester without money...

i enjoy to be your beta tester, without payment and to give your engineers something like a solution...

• Dear Laurie,

The proposed solution is unfortunately not working. 

Can you please check the issue in details and provide a suitable solution? 

I feel frustrated. 

Thanks