This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

v9.36 Official Software Fast Battery Drain

I'm going through the battery in 24-48 hours. No apps or fields installed. No GPS activities. Also having sync issues where I have to kill the connect app on Android to get it to sync. I had the same issues on beta now it persists into the production release

• Nope. No AOD. Gesture based.

Then it is a bit low. I am currently running Gesture, standard watch and disabled wifi and BT. Only sync with phone 1-2 times daily. Expecting 17 days battery life with that config.

• Not for me: stock watch face, but still I get 12-15% battery per day, which is better than some of the horror stories I read here, but yet much worse than firmware 8.xx. Tried everything (soft reset, reset to defaults, removed all that is non-stock) but the problem persists. If I were an apple user, I'd get myself the Ultra and forget about it. But I can't stand Apple, so I'm stuck hoping that garmin will quickly solve this bug.... 

• I don't understand how to highlight your name to pm you (if I do click on your name, all I get is a blank screen). But yes, I've got problems. Not being able to use watch faces, apps and fields I normally used because, otherwise, you need to charge your watch every other day, is unacceptable, in my opinion. 

• @Gianluca

I am sorry you have multiple serious issues. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region.

• I just conducted a new test: I disconnected the connection with the phone (Android) and, after 20hrs, I only have a 4% drain, without changing any of the settings. I can guess that it'll get to 5-6% in the remaining 4 hrs, but that would still be a significant improvement compared to previous tests where the drain was double or more. 

Needless to say, it wouldn't be a fix I'd be satisfied with, but it could be a clue to anyone who's trying to understand what's the problem with some units running 9.36

• You are not the only one with your problem. Unfortunately I have the same drain battery problem and I very much hope for a resolutive upgrade

• Hi Chris,

I just wanted to let you know the following:

I received the update to v9.36 on Thursday, 29th September.
    After update I fully charged my EPIX 2 and then observed the drain over the days.
    At least for me the improvement over v9.33 is massive.
    With v9.36 my watch is now back to the stamina as of v8.37, means I have round about 8%-9% of drain per day.
    In other words my watch is back to 11d-12d of running time, GREAT !!!!
    These figures apply to the following setup:
    - iPhone connected
    - No Strava segements

Only one remark: The remaining days shown on top of the watch's main menu is not yet correct while the percentage pretty much meets the real world
    When fully charged it says 100% of battery & estimated days left = 15days.(while 12d would be correct)
    This seems wrongly calculated. While battery drains over the days the estimated time left get's closer and closer to the real status.
    So maybe it is worth having a look at this. IMHO this is not serious as the percentage shown is always correct but it is a cosmetic thing which worked better under v8.37

Just my 2 cents

• Received my brand new Epix2 last Friday and updated to 9.36. I know everyone knows about reports of battery drain. What is clear to me is that my problem gets WORSE when I apply power-saving settings like Power Save mode, Screen Off, or at night when it goes into sleep mode. Having turned everything off (just basic watch functions running) I get the 15d prediction but observe drop of about 3% per hour with no activity tracking. I loose even more (50%) in sleep mode from 22:00 to 06:30. Have followed all the tips on reboot and all that. Truly sucks.

• There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies about the drain. My v9.33 was bad.

Now with v9.36 I observed the following performance:

From 100% to 19% in 8 full days (192h), included multi-system GPS time for 6h. This equals to 0.42% per hour.

Typical day drain is 6-7% without recorded training. Gesture mode, stock watchface, connected to phone via Bluetooth all the time, no Strava segments, PulseOx during sleep.