Strength workout changes since 8.18

For the most part, I really appreciate the changes to the strength workout experience with 8.18.There are a few problems that I'm wondering if I'm missing solutions for:

When I start a workout that I've created in connect, the watch continues to default to the exercise "map" screen (the list of exercises coming next). While I like the screen well enough,it's not a good data screen for an actual workout (i.e., it doesn't show reps, which kind of defeats the purpose). In this screen, it's also difficult to see elapsed time without scrolling up to the top of the list. It actually makes it harder to track where you are rather than better. Am I missing a way to default to the rep screen as with previous versions?

Also, it's disappointing is that the new "rep" screen (not the list of exercises screen but the one that actually shows reps) does not show elapsed time. So, if I do manage to remember to scroll up to the rep screen before starting an exercise, the elapsed time from the start of the exercise is gone. Is there a way to modify the display of the automatic screens like the reps screen? They don't show up in the list of data screens.
Thanks!

• Yeah, I've definitely tried this. It's hit and miss where the device goes after the rest screen (i.e., if I scroll through the exercise map to get back to the rest screen during the rest). It all feels more complicated than it should be. It's also just one more problem of multiple button presses.

• I have the same complaints! Now, the watch by default doesn't track the time of our workout, but instead, it shows a static list of our workout. How stupid is that? One can just print the workout list and save money instead of buying an $800 watch that has the worthless function of showing your workout list! Not to mention the endlessly scrolling up (or down) that one needs to go through to get out of the workout display list.

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/294427/software-version-21-0-and-strength-functionality/1421586#1421586

• Same complaint here.  Happy to see I am not alone.   I thought that I was missing some setting. 

• Can that be done without rigging the warranty?

• It's just a shame, besides a 1000 bugs expensive fitness watch I need an extra watch to display my expiring rest time between my sets.

• I have now used the watch with the new software for dozens of workouts and it's a nightmare. I spend more time pressing buttons to make the watch usable than should be the case. It's just disappointing. The previous activity was not perfect but it was a 1000x better than the current mess. And, if the alpha versions are any indication, no one is paying attention to this problem.

• Have they fixed this issue already with the new firmware(s)?

• it isn't a bug or an issue - it was a feature request that a lot of people requested that Garmin implemented (I believe it could have been better implemented i.e. on/off option). If you have an issue with it I would suggest raising a feature request (like I have) for the aiblity to switch the exericse list on/off.

• The feature is not the bug. The bug is the order of operations when a pre-programmed workout (with rests) is forced to go to the exercise list after every set. This does not happen when there are no rests and it does not happen in the free workout. It only happens in one scenario, and is inconsistent with overall UI behavior. It's not a feature request. It's a request to correct an isolated inconsistency.

• as stated not a bug - that was the feature request that was submitted by a host of users, that when your are in a rest interval you could see list of exercises - I suspect so you could see what is coming up next etc. If you go the F6 forums and search in them you will see a host of discussioins around this and the users that were discussing wanting this option and thus them later requesting this option.

This will not happen in happen if you aren't resting, as the rest interval triggers this functionality.

This will not happen in free form as there is no list of future exercises to pull up.

This will always occur if you are using a workout and if you rest during that workout - as stated its was a feature request that submitted, approved by Garmin and installed into the software by Garmin - it isn't a bug - it is functioning as they programmed it and as it was requested by a variety of users.

Could it have been better implementd - absolutely - I would love the option to turn it on/olff. So I would suggest like i have done that you submit a feature request for the option to turn this function on/off.