Hello Fēnix 7 and Epix customers,
We are now aware of a bug in the v8.15 update which can interfere with the tracking of stress and sleep data. Luckily, the tracking of this data will resume after a simple reboot of the watch (turning it off and turning it back on again.) If you have already installed the update, please perform this reboot of your watch to correct this problem.
If you would like to avoid this bug entirely, we recommend that you do not install the v8.15 update. If you have already installed this update, remember that you have the option to revert to the current public version of software, v7.35. Please note that backdating software will revert your watch to default settings.
We apologize for the inconvenience, please know that we are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
The next public beta version is now available for your watch!
If you’ve participated in the Beta Program with previous Fēnix product lines, you’ll notice a few changes from how we have managed this in the past. And further down the line, we’ll have some additional improvements to the Beta Program (more on that later!) Notably, the fēnix 7/Epix watches use one single update file to update system software and peripheral updates (GPS version, Wireless version, etc.) So you no longer need to install multiple update files. Additionally, this forum post is now the primary resource for reading the change log notes – they are not available on another webpage. (There will be more options for viewing change logs after we implement the additional improvements to our beta program.)
The link to download the software update is listed below. Please note that your computer will download a .zip file when you open this link.
- This zip contains the software update and instructions for installation in the 'Read Me.txt' file. We have also provided a folder with the files necessary for backdating software, and instructions for this process if you choose to do so. Remember, backdating software will reset all settings.
- Please note: the included secure_config.gcd file should also be installed to your watch. This file will enable a few "beta features." For example, it will provide you with the option to reboot your watch (turn off and automatically turn back on). It will also automatically generate some files if you encounter certain issues. In short, if you are using beta software, you should also always have this file installed: it will make your use of the watch easier, and make it easier for you to report issues in software.
- Please email the Garmin Outdoor Quality Team if you find issues in software after installing this update: [email protected]
Use this link to download the zip for your watch to update to the latest Beta software:
Change log for version 8.15 (changes since v8.14):
- Added palm screen support while in Connect IQ apps.
- Added body battery watch data field to more watch faces.
- Endurance Horseback activity is now named simply Horseback.
- Fixed potential UI issue with card in the Garmin Pay wallet.
- Fixed issue with step goal streak when multiple devices are being used.
- Fixed issue with Shimano Di2 12-speed system being reported as 11-speed.
- Fixed drawing of about page for Shimano Di2 support.
- Fixed issue with Auto Climb where user is unable to edit data screens if on run profile or switched to current screen.
- Fixed Lap Alert translation truncation.
- Fixed an issue where wrist heart rate would not turn on if turned on while in the middle of an activity.
- Various watch face bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed a Connect IQ app issue where apps that record activities would time out to normal run activities when paused.
- Fixed issue that could cause display to be slow to wake using Gesture setting, if CIQ watchface was active.
- Fixed golf green view map update issues.
- Fixed some translation issues.
- Fixed issue causing first time tips to not draw properly.
- Fixed UI list index issue in map manager after having queued a map download.
- Fixed issue with Strength workout PR weight accuracy.
- Fixed UI issue with info icon in sleep app.
Instructions for updating software:
- Download the .zip specific to your watch, using the links above.
- Connect the watch to your computer.
- Following the included 'Read Me.txt' file, install the included gupdate.gsp file to the Primary\Garmin folder on your watch.
- Disconnect the watch from the computer and it will prompt you to update software.
After updating, your watch will be running the following software versions. These can be confirmed on the Menu – System – About pages.
- Primary Software Version: 8.15
- This is the number on the very first About page. This number should always match the “Host” version number written on the 5th About page.
- GPS: 2.32
- Wireless: 24.61
- Sensor Hub: 18.00
- Epix Touch Screen: 10.07
Garmin Outdoor Quality Team