Does Hardreset "Reset to default settings" clear out GPS updates file?

Does anyone know if a hard reset would clear out the GPS update file "flag" within the device? 

My enduro asks me to update GPS file assuming its the CPE.bin and require reboot 2-3 times a week(which i believe its what it is doing, updating the CPE.bin in the RemoteSW folder), and it requires the watch to be plugged into the desktop Garmin express app to trigger the Update...So a few of my runs in a week would have no GPS data and constantly require me to plug the watch in through out the week. That totally defeat my purpose of getting an enduro....

So i just did a Hard reset, by going into reset and select reset to default setting. Wondering if this would clear out the GPS "require update flag" in the watch memory??? I have the Auto update set to on, so the CPE.bin should be updated automatically, but it did not seem like it was doing that, and just have no GPS signal. So wondering if it was the flag for Auto update was stuck, and didnt trigger an auto update. 

Thanks

Clark 

• The CPE file with ephemeris data need to be updated frequently, that's normal behavior.

What Is EPO or CPE on a Garmin Product? | Garmin Customer Support

• ?? But then how can i have a watch to take with more anywhere more than 3 days in a go? I mean that totally defeat the purpose of a battery that last more than 1 week? When the watch requires to be plugged into the desktop 3 times a week to be updated right? The watch is requiring me to plug into the desktop to connect to Garmin Express, and unplug in order to update the GPS, then manually reboot 2 times to have the GPS software updated 3 times a week. I already had to plugged it into the desktop 18 times the past month......And it never happened before December....I really dont think that is normal behavior, i had a 255, and the enduro before December never had this issue before. Which was the reason i did a Hard Reset. 

• ?? But then how can i have a watch to take with more anywhere more than 3 days in a go?

Carry your phone with enabled mobile data, and the ephemeris data will update automatically when you start an activity.

• That is exactly what i am saying, my watch does Not update automatically, my phone is connected to it 24 7, the "required reboot for GPS" goes into a loop, it says "reboot required to use GPS" which i click reboot now, then after it rebooted, it says reboot required to use GPS, and can not use GPS at all, until the watch is physically plugged into a desktop, then the update process will be triggered, but even then will still need to be repeated twice, phsyically plugged into the desktop and unplugged and plug in again,and i have to repeat that physical process multiple days a week. That is why i believe some "flag" for autoupdate or GPS update on my watch is stuck, so i did a hard reset, to see if it would clear that out. 

• Sorry, I have never seen such case. Try deleting the CPE file from the folder //GARMIN/REMOTESW/. If that does not help, contact the Support.

• No problem, thanks for trying. I already did, and did a hard reset, if it still occurs, i will probably just go directly to the store and ask. 

• i will probably just go directly to the store and ask

A typical reseller will have no clue, and also does not have the access to the the internal knowledgebase the Support has. I rather recommend calling directly the Support again.