lack of space to install new watchfaces

hello

on the connect IQ app the updates of the watchfaces were in the waiting queue because there was not enough space according to the app there was only 252kB
so i had uninstalled the biggest sized faces and now i have about 900kb space available.

the problem is that when i connect the watch to my pc, the space disk showed is 37MB available.

so the question is why all this space is not "seen" by connect iq and it announces only 900kb free.

can you check your connect iq app and compare the space available  between what is written on the app and what is showed on your computer?

thanks

Top Replies

All Replies

• why all this space is not "seen" by connect iq

That's by design. The connect iq virtual machine has a separate isolated storage space.

can you check your connect iq app and compare the space

It's like that on all connect iq capable watches. Space available for iq apps has nothing to do with general storage space available on the watch.

• but it's a waste of space.

why not to allocate the space dynamically (what is needed is used until the space is really unavailable). otherwise i dont see when these 37MB will be used.  what's the point to do like it is actually?

• otherwise i dont see when these 37MB will be used

Activities, workouts, and such.

• Activities, workouts, and such.

i don't use them.

some people use them

with a dynamic space allocation the use of space would be optimized and everybody would be happy.

actually it's frustrating to be limited for faces/apps while i know that 37MB are available.

• Activities, workouts, and such.

i don't use them.

some people use them

Since the Enduro is a sports watch, I would venture to say that almost all people who use this watch record activities with it.

The memory is also needed for software updates. Making the memory dynamic is needed. What do you do the next time you connect the watch to Express, and Express is not able to copy the firmware update file to the watch, because you have already used the memory for other purposes. You don't know how big the next FW update will be.

• The memory is also needed for software updates. Making the memory dynamic is needed. What do you do the next time you connect the watch to Express, and Express is not able to copy the firmware update file to the watch, because you have already used the memory for other purposes. You don't know how big the next FW update will be.

(update size file is 14MB or so)
    in this case, the installation app should warn the user to free xxMB.
    but i'm sure that the available size is enough to not be in this case.