New enduro owner (coming from F6X Pro) - first impressions

Hello all!

Just wanted to write down my firts impressions with Enduro. I've had F3, F5, F6 pro and F6X pro (and a couple of forerunners before, the old ones) and with all the fenix I've always felt like having much more than I really need. My first impression with Enduro has been "It`s so nice and so light!". The strap is really comfortable... until you have a shower and keeps wet for hours :(.

In summary: I think than Enduro gives me some things I really value (awsome battery, big screen, lightweight) and do not have some things I do not really need (music, maps). Regarding maps, I'm a trail runner and MTBer and since I started using maps with the F6Pro I think that when you're following a track, the display is not clear enough with all that info on screen (roads, POIs, etc...). In my opinion, following a track is much clearer when you only have the track in screen...

It'd be amazing if Garmin would offer kind of a "configurable" watch that you can add/remove characteristics (no maps, no music, no hrv, no pulsioxmeter, even no HR sensor...)

Best! 

1. Agree with the maps imolementation on earlier fenix models - the display of info is too dense to read when running. It seems good for hiking though. There are map themes that can be used with (I think) F6/F7 models that support maps, where you might be able to limit/improve the map display. Or maybe there's a setting to turn off the map layer? I've been wondering myself if there's a way to limit the display of info on those models, so that you get something useful without it being too hard to read.
  • I tried all the different maps configurations (marine, high contrast) with no remarkable differences for trail running...

1. Agree with the maps imolementation on earlier fenix models - the display of info is too dense to read when running. It seems good for hiking though. There are map themes that can be used with (I think) F6/F7 models that support maps, where you might be able to limit/improve the map display. Or maybe there's a setting to turn off the map layer? I've been wondering myself if there's a way to limit the display of info on those models, so that you get something useful without it being too hard to read.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Go to Settings, Maps, Map Detail then change to Low