Will I start seeing HRV data now?

I updated my Enduro to v23 and see a new "HRV status" widget.  will it give HRV data now without having to run a HRV test with chest strap ? It says to wear watch while sleeping so i am hoping that HRV is a new metric for sleep data adding to the sleep and body battery information.   guess i will find out tomorrow.

• send a photo? what does the new metric show?

• send a photo? what does the new metric show?

• From the online help on the page of HRV Status in Garmin Connect Web:

HRV Status

Heart rate variability (HRV) is a statistical measure of the specific changes in time between successive heartbeats. Garmin’s HRV status measurement is taken while you sleep, and it provides a 7-day average of your HRV in comparison to your personal HRV baseline.

Receiving an HRV Status

To receive an HRV baseline and HRV status, wear your compatible Garmin device while sleeping on most days for approximately 3 consecutive weeks. Your HRV baseline, which is a personalized measurement of your typical HRV ranges at night, will become more accurate over time as you continue to wear your device.

After you sync your device, you will receive a timeline of your HRV in Garmin Connect for each period of sleep, as well as an assessment of whether your 7-day HRV average is balanced, unbalanced or low compared to your baseline. HRV status can also be rated as poor if it is well below normal ranges for your age. Over time, Garmin Connect generates 7-day and 4-week HRV status reports to help you recognize trends.

About Your HRV Status Reading

HRV status offers an indication of how your autonomic nervous system is reacting to your environment, both physically and psychologically. Balanced HRV readings may indicate positive signs of health such as good training and recovery balance, greater cardiovascular fitness and more resilience to stress. Unbalanced, low or poor readings may be a sign of fatigue, greater recovery needs or increased stress, among other factors.

While variations in day-to-day HRV readings are normal, having a stable, consistent 7-day HRV average is the key to maintaining a balanced HRV status. Small, gradual increases in HRV can also help you maintain a balanced status and may be a sign of improving fitness. HRV readings that increase or decrease rapidly may indicate that you are training too hard and can cause an unbalanced HRV status.

In some cases, HRV status can be improved over time by improving your training and recovery balance, getting regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, reducing stress and adopting other healthy habits. HRV values can vary widely based on gender, age, fitness level and even from person to person.

Learn More from Frontiers in Public Health