Lose 1km on runs, watch returns to home face shortly after start then GPS and POD reset around 1km and continues fine

Ok, tried chat and an email support.  Getting cranky now Slight smile

Had the enduro for a few weeks now after a few years of a 945.  Same runs, same start location, same stretch and GPS lock routine for me.

Did have 19.70 but have had 2 runs now on the 20.30 firmware.

As often as not, after I get a GPS lock, start a run (Run or Trail Run) and then about 2km/9min into the run the watch beeps, I look down and it shows "Pod Connected" and then "GPS locked".  The run activity is still going, the timer is right but the distance is short.  Track afterwards suggests it drops GPS shortly after I start then finds it again down the road.

After this happened a few times I started paying more attention.  After I start the run, within the first Km it looks like it is just returning to watch face.  Last time I just pressed start which launched it back into the run but again said "POD connected" then "GPS locked" and continued with the activity as though nothing happened, but again was just short on tracked distance.

No real pattern I can spot in the distance/time that it stops and then comes back without interference.  GPS tracks for 300m one day, 550m today before stopping.  Then typically around 2km though by the time it sorts itself out (10min).  Doing wonders for the stats :) hahah

Even if nobody knows what, any ideas on what may help.  Reset it to factory on the new firmware to give it a kick?   So not impressed with this top dollar kit.

• After I start the run, within the first Km it looks like it is just returning to watch face. 

This indicates, that the watch's software crashed for some reason, and the watch rebooted. Are you using any ConnectIQ data fields? Try a hard reset, and if this does not help, then it is likely, that your watch needs to be replaced.

• Thanks.  But it doesn't actually reboot, I've seen the other posts about losing data and reboots on save, but the activity still seems to be going in the background.

looking at the data for today, HR continues to record fine,  elevation looks like it steps up, but it recorded some change.  All POD data missing for the period.   I wonder if its POD related.

No custom 'data fields' no.  no changes to power modes or any settings at this stage beyond a new watch face.

• Same happened to me three days ago - short after I started activity, it switched back to watchface with timer still running but distance not recorded. I lost half a km before I noticed. Yesterday I noticed GPS was dropping first two kilometers and I hated seeing my pace because I knew it was very inaccurate. I got my Garmin POD five days ago and I did only two running activities with it and I hated both of them. I've never had these issues before. I don't know if it has something to do with the POD or with new firmware.

• great but not great! hahah.  seems exact same.  Was happening on old firmware and new firmware for me so not sure that's it.

One thing, the RD Pod worked great with the 945.  Never missed a beat and I like the extra data.  So don't think its on the POD side.

Anyway, for now I have done a 'reset data and settings' and its on 20.30 so see how we go today.

• Just a quick update. After a 'reset all data and settings' on v20.30 it seems to have resolved.  Only a few runs thus far though.   I also changed the routine a bit and making my way into a bit of a clearing before starting the activity.  I did notice first time GPS bar went green way to fast so I exited and went in again, second time it took a minute or so before the green bar and then GPS tick message.  And now I am not starting an activity till I get the GPS green tick message (I will exit and re-enter an activity until it comes up after the green bar).   

Other note. It rarely says POD connected, but it did the same on the 945 never had an issue so ignoring that for now.

• Yesterday morning it returned to watchface again but I noticed it as soon as it happened so I didn't loose any distance. This morning I also did "reset all data and settings" and went running. Everything was OK. No GPS dropouts, no returning to watchface. It didn't show RD POD connected but it recorded everything. Before reset my HRM Dual was showing HR above 200 bpm (only with POD connected) and I thought it was because my nose was running and I couldn't breathe properly but I guess I was wrong. It came back to normal after reset. I guess the ony thing that was working as it shoud was Tempe sensor.