Anyone else have the Ultrafit strap fail?

Lost my Enduro to the sea a couple weeks ago, and am concerned about replacing it. My Enduro was snug and reading HR on 3km walk/jog to the beach, I went for a dip (through admittedly rough surf), swam back in and had no watch! Has anyone else had issues with their Ultrafit straps coming off, in the water or otherwise?

There seem to be plenty of threads where people have lost watches due to strap issues, however many of these seem to be either with third party quickfit mechanisms failing, or the silicone breaking through were cracks can usually be identified ahead of time.

There's two ways I can see that the Ultrafit failed:

Perhaps the hook and loop was blown open by sheer force of water. However, the lip/overhang on the end of the strap is quite small, so I'm not sure how much purchase a flow of water would actually get.

Alternatively, I wonder if water catching under the body of the watch itself could lift/tilt the watch itself on my wrist, and because the Ultrafit is so soft/flexible it is able to slip to one side of the spring bar, dragging the pin on one side, compressing the spring and allowing the bar itself to be popped out by the tension on the strap.

Either way, this seems to me an issue that users cannot prevent without changing to an alternative strap, or just avoiding surfing/open water swimming. Given the marketing emphasis on durability, extreme use, and even highlighting the surfing application, such poor durability is hugely disappointing (particularly at the 1400AUD price point).

Would love to hear if anyone has experienced or heard of similar issues, has input on how the Ultrafit might have come off, or has thoughts on the durability of other strap systems, perhaps the Instinct.

Thanks