Enduro 2 presents irregular track GPS readings in a oval close 700 meters run course

Hello I am now in the my second Enduro 2 since September the 3rd when I made the first purchase, the reason is that when I do a workout in a close 700 meters stadium I get irregular track readings of the GPS. It appears that the device losses the signal and it shows my position scattered all over almost 50 meters away from my real track. The local dealer changed the device with a new one which operated perfectly for a week however today the problem reappeared! I filed a complaint to the support center with my Garmin Connect Account's maps of all the work outs in the same place presenting the issue. Apparently it is not an issue related to a particular device. I have the Run mode with all GPS open ( multiband) and data collection every second. Is there any tip that I should follow to avoid this irregularity? Thank you

• today's  warm up after factory reset,  same course ( I am doing my workouts there for years with Fenix3, Fenix 3 Saphire, Tactix Delta Solar, never had this type of problem ever!)

OK, that excludes then the theory abut the signal disturbance.

The irregularities could be perhaps caused also due to an expired or corrupted ephemeris data file. Normally it updates over BT and the phone app, but it can easily fail, or result in a damaged file.

If the issue reoccurs, I recommend connecting the watch to a computer, deleting the CPE file from the folder //GARMIN/REMOTESW, and then syncing with Garmin Express. Deconnect and reconnect the USB cable and verify the CPE loaded back correctly. Do it shortly before going to run.

• thank you. Is there a way to tell if the CPE is corrupted? I have checked on the watch and it is Current as it should be.

• Is there a way to tell if the CPE is corrupted?

No, at least not simply without analyzing the file. If it has a current date, it will report current even if it is corrupted. The simplest way to fix it, is deleting the file and syncing with Garmin Express.

• ... better told, one way of telling the CPE might be corrupted, is when it takes longer than usual to get the GPS lock, or when big errors or long drop-outs appear in the activity. Not telling your case is necessarily caused by it, but it is worth of trying in case the issue reoccurs. 

• I will also force a sync with the phone's connect app before starting the activity.  Thanks

• I also found that the Connect App in my S21 Ultra although was set to unrestricted battery usage with full permissions it was not in the "never go to sleep" list due to a "bug" in the Samsung Android where you need to put the app in the optimized battery usage mode to be allowed to then put the app in the never sleep list which will let in operate in the background and sync with the watch regularly.