This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enduro 2 - power save mode issue - time freeze

After a couple minutes it will not update the time anymore. The display is like frozen. After pressing on or two buttons ...sometimes is changes to the correct time - sometimes not. Anyone else the same kind of issue? The same happens is I enable battery save mode in my sleep display. It is annoying when I wake up in the middle of the night and it just shows "some" time but not the correct one.

• I’ve seen this and contacted Garmin Support. Suggest you do the same. 

• What is the best adress to contact garmin therefore?

• Find Garmin Support on the interweb in your area. 

• Have the exact same issue with software 9.33

• Hi all, we are tracking this issue and have identified what causes this behavior.

The problem is that GCM offers a setting that should not be available (it should only be on EPIX devices.) In GCM this is listed under device settings -> Power Manager -> Battery Saver -> Edit -> Display.

This "Display" option should not be available. If you have this set to "Time Out," then it will cause the current time displayed on the watch face to become stale, when Battery Saver is enabled. You will note that the watch itself does not include this option in the equivalent menu.

We will work on cleaning up this problem, and in the meantime you can avoid the behavior if you change the GCM "Display" option back to "Always On."

Thanks,
    Mel
    Garmin Outdoor Quality Team

• This setting was already on “always on”, and secondly this issue does not happen only when the battery saver profile in active, it happens also during the time when it’s inactive. 
    It also happens in watch faces that have battery saver, when the watch face’s battery saver is activated, and you move your wrist to glance at the time, it does not wake up to the normal watch face unless you push a button. 
    For some reason the watch face freezes and it does not wake up while you move your wrist to see the time.