Descent MK2i HR never above 110 during activity

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone else eperienced a gross inacuracy in the HR readings lately?

I have my watch since last December 2021 and it was always working to my sattisfaction when doing sports, meaning the HR was is would say more or less bang on, or at least acurate within reason, however lately the HR is very sluggish during activities. What I mean is that, if I now go do a backcountry skiing for example the HR never actually reaches the correct value, but stays around 110 tops, even if by feeling and previous records from the exact same activity and even location, it should be in average at least 140+.

The interesting part is that it works more or less normally out-side activities, in lower HR's, basically till ~100 it is very accurate and i would also say reasonably responsive, mening i don't see a change in hte reposne time compared to couple of mothns before.

I tried every trick i could find, checked the sensor for scratches, off course wash the watch regurarly, but to no avail.

By this point i am quite persuaded that it is something to do with either the software (I am runing 16.00) or the inner workings of the sensor itself, but that seems unlikely as it looks almost the same as it did out of hte box a year ago.