MK2s APAC unable to boot.

recently updated my descent mk2s APAC to 14.20

Was working well for a week, but today, my watch became unresponsive.

I tried rebooting the watch, but the watch is stuck on "descent" logo without succesful boot.

Ever since, my watch cannot boot. It will be stuck on "descent" logo permanently, without loading any files.

I tried to enter diagnotics menu, but cannot enter diagnostics (stuck on descent logo)

whist I am about to contact garmin service, anyone have any ideas on what to try beforehand?

• If not yet tried, hard reset may be of help. 

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-5-plus-series/149243/stuck-in-boot-----looping-during-booting/

Also, after update have you connected to Garmin express, I found an extra wifi update was applied after the 14.20 update, Sensor Hub, and BT updates. WiFi is now 4.01. 

• If not yet tried, hard reset may be of help. 

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-5-plus-series/149243/stuck-in-boot-----looping-during-booting/

I used this:

press and release LIGHT (POWER) button, so watch enters boot sequence;

when Garmin LOGO appears, press and hold START + BACK both (those two, on right side);

on first beep release START;

on second beep release BACK.

Good luck!

• Thank you for the info!. I succeeded!!

while I did read that post and failed with the method yesterday, after reading your post I decided to give some more tries.

after multiple failures, I managed to get my watch got reset.

I had failed before, because I waited too long before pressing START + BACK (In my case, I think my watch frooze 2 or 3 seconds after logo appeared).

therefore, the mothod I succeeded is 

press and release LIGHT (POWER) button, so watch enters boot sequence;

when Garmin LOGO appears, "immediately" press and hold START + BACK both (those two, on right side);

on first beep release START;

on second beep release BACK.

• [Solution for Bootloop if anyone needs this]

Had a problem with mine just minutes before my dive. Suddenly went into a Bootloop 5-7 days after this update (14.20). So if anyone needs an idea what to do. 

Solution:

While on the bootloop during the loading maps. Press the "Back" button til you see the prompt asking "reset to default"

It will reset everything (aside for the data with sync).

So keep the premium codes/activation codes for your paid watchfaces or apps in a note to reactivate those.

Other data such as Dive, Training, profiles (aside from the watchfaces customization and alignment of apps in the list) will be synced.

After the reset my dive ms were still good, still recorded everything even the entry and exit point of the dives

• Thanks guys, works for me too.

For others finding this solution, it works for a Descent MK2i stuck on the initial Descent logo, before it gets to "Garmin". Some additional details for clarity:

1) Power off by holding down Light button.

2) Power on by pushing Light button. DO NOT have any other buttons pressed at this point or it will not work.

3) Immediately the Descent logo appears, hold Start and Back

4) As above, release Start on the first beeb, and release Back on the second beep.

5) Nothing will happen for 5-20 secs - the Descent logo will stay. Just wait.

6) The Garmin logo will eventually appear, and the watch should boot normally. It will take a long time (several minutes) on the Garmin screen before it gets to Loading FIT, checking Quick Connect and Loading Maps etc.. Be patient. If you've got the two beeps, it has worked, just let it get to the language select screen.