customizing the dive screens, several data fields are missing?

I can add a custom Dive display (not sure what they really are called) and i can change the fields, so far great but there are many options missing (or maybe I am doing it wrong).

This is what I want but ,,

left gauge = N2 (perfect I can select that)

right gauge = Descent (not available in the list of options)

top row = Transmitter Pressure (not available in the list of options)

first row left = TTS (not available in the list of options)

first row right  = ATR (not available in the list of options)

second row left = Breathing Gas (not available in the list of options)

second row right = Battery (I have not looked)

the bottom default fields (perfect)

Ok, not a big deal as all the info is available but spread out over 3 screens and I was thinking since I can customize I can get it all in one spot, but I need help on how to do this.

So far my thoughts on the MK2i, it's really really good! I have some minor gripes but they really are minor, and I have not dove on it yet.

• It's a very clear screen. But some of us have eyesight that isn't as good as it once was Slight smile

• Ahh yes, I wish I could disagree but as I squint looking at my monitor all I can do is smile and agree.

• You mean customizable graph with BAR of course, not just PSI ? Slight smile

• I was not thinking customizable but rather selectable :) and of course based on the user preferences it would be either BAR and PSI, but you said customizable what was your thought

• Yes to have BAR, and to configure the different limits. Like for example below 70 for red, below 140 as yellow and green for the upper third of the maximum pressure. Or any limit you want based on your preference.

• Interesting, my thought was that the thresholds set in the preferences would be used, but your suggestion is interesting, however my gut reaction is defining this in 2 places adds risk. 

So my question to you would be why nut just use the existing thresholds that are defined in the setup but I just realized (after looking in more detail) that these settings are missing so yes your right there should be 3 thresholds (either absolute or %)

• Hi Nate,

what is the status on this request ?

Please add me to the list I‘d love to be able to add the pressure-based data fields to custom screens (and have more options for the gauges).

thx & best regards,

Martin.

• Yes. I am interested in this too. The custom screen category for Diving Fields only gives options for: OTU, Max Depth, TTS, and CNS. I really want to include the pressure in the custom screens - both the raw number and the nice picture of a cylinder. Also, ascent/desent rate. It seems there is just a lot missing from the customization options.

• As a dive shop owner and dive instructor, this is the biggest "non selling point" I have to when talking to customers about the MK2i. I find it kinda ironic (but mostly indescribably stupid) that for a "dive computer", you absolutely CAN NOT put any "diving information" into the custom dive screen. The annoying thing is (assuming you have a transmitter), it's fully capable of showing your PSI / ATR / SAC Rate... ect... but its simply a software decision not to allow diving information into the custom dive screen. However, if while diving, you want to add in that screen sunrise/sunset or your heart rate (even though if wearing a wetsuit it won't work), feel free to add irrelevant information to your custom "dive screen". Those may be great for most activities, but Garmin hasn't quite grasped the concept of a custom dive screen for a diving computer in diving mode.

That's the biggest selling point that pushes people into the Teric vs the Garmin MK2i. With the Teric, on one screen, you can show your depth, NDL, tank pressure, Air Time Remaining (ATR), Time to Surface (TTS), water temp, current time, dive time, and your gas nitrox mixture (and of course, many other choices/options to be placed in those fields... and in any "spot of the screen" that allows custom choices). In other words, not only can you chose which diving information to show, you can chose "where" you add that information on the screen display. And of course, if that's "too much" data fields or information on one screen, the Teric allows you to show less date fields, bigger font (that shows less data also), and even change the color of those fields. At the end of the day, the Garmin loses out bc you can't put actual diving information into the custom dive screen... which is a huge mistake for a "diving computer"

My other biggest complaint is that you can't turn off (that I'm aware of) the shaking of the wrist to change screens. With the motion of me diving (ha, I don't know, maybe I move my hands too much.. lol) the Garmin is always on the exact screen that I DIDN'T want it to be on.... and I have to scroll screens to see the screen that I last left it on. The MK2i constantly seems to change screens from my last view without me wanting it to... so, I then have to scroll back. But.. that's another complaint for another thread. I can see that being a great feature for people with thick gloves or dry suits, but for warm tropical diving where I'm at in Miami, it's super annoying and that needs to have an option to be turned off.

That being said, the Garmin is an amazing computer and with just a few software updates, very capable of being a better computer than the Teric. I sell the Garmin to people that want a better "life computer"... for steps, calories, running, hiking, bike riding, etc ect etc ect... but for now, people that just want the best "dive computer", bc of those software decisions, I still recommend the Teric