Will the Mk1 users get a software update that the Mk2 gets?

Hi Garmin,

The Mk1 users has been asking and requesting about standard features that should be in a dive computer for the majority percentage of recreational divers.

Apparently most of it is addressed in the Mk2.

So my question, will us Mk1 users who are already happy and not upgrading to the Mk2 anytime soon gets it too?

Surface Interval Data in between repetitive dives on the watch face instead of in the widget.

1. A Surface Interval data on the watch face for those who do repetitive dives. A feature should be standard on dive comps. Instead of using the SI in widget.

2. Max Depth data screen while diving. I dont understand why Mk1 does not have it.

3. The current time while diving, so i can plan my ascend to catch my favourite soap opera!

Anyway dear Garmin, Im not sure if its hardware related that are needed to incorporate those features in our Mk1 but if you are able, please let us know. 

Likewise if you are not able to do so, then let us know what is the reason??

Thank you

Top Replies

• 1. A Surface Interval data on the watch face for those who do repetitive dives. A feature should be standard on dive comps. Instead of using the SI in widget.

I 100% agree with this one.  SI is…

All Replies

• 1. A Surface Interval data on the watch face for those who do repetitive dives. A feature should be standard on dive comps. Instead of using the SI in widget.

I 100% agree with this one.  SI is far more useful and practical than the No Fly. 

In my opinion, No Fly is pointless as it is nothing more than a 24 hour countdown timer.  If you can't work out when 24 hours after your last dive ended you probably shouldn't be diving.

Surface Interval is far more useful, not only for repetitive dives, but also for flying as the research is still ongoing as to the appropriate time to wait after diving before flying.