Garmin MK1 complete failure!!

Hello All 

This is the first time i post on these forums. 

I have been using the MK1 for a little less than a year. I am about to become a dive master and was extremely happy with the MK1 as a dive computer where i recommended it for almost anyone in the dive community. 

However the watch completely failed and i am frustrated today as i have been trying to contact support with no success, tried to reinstall the software with no success. I am hoping that someone here can help! 

What happened is after few dives on the 23rd of July i tried syncing using Garmin Connect with no success. I later learned that Garmin was under a cyber attack. The next night i turned on the watch as i had a dive the next morning and the disaster happened: The following warning was always coming up on the screen: "Do not dive. Failed to read depth sensor", the Bluetooth was no longer working and the Heart Rate sensor is not working as well. The status of the MK1 did not change and is still the same. 

I really want to understand what happened and what caused the problem. Is this likely to happen again in case the watch was fixed? I kind of unfortunately lost trust in this product and hope i can get some answers that might change this. 

Thank you :) 

• we had many issues with this watch and reported many times through a services here called a support center but no one get a considerations ,

its a big shame on a big company and expensive products like Garmin ,

i sent them this ,

we are reporting many and more times about the nonfunctional diving computer watch descent MK1 ,
    many times we had sent a messages to get your kind support as big company as Garmin but no any kind of care to your customers , we had reported before about a failed diving mode to run when we were navigating to a dive point for both me and a buddy , the depth altitude was not detected as fact it only read the depth from down 19 meter as 0 meter that time ,
    and that is not only the issues we had faced , the heart rate sensor broadcasting not stable in its read , it read for a while then nothing then read back , even now the heart rate widget not show and data for the previous 4 hours ,some times it is writing measuring but nothing after , also nowadays the backlight not working as its a programmed , the setting say to run 8 seconds but it does not , some time it work for 2 seconds and else more then stop at all , from time to time not working at all even by the left top light button , all of those issues we are facing from a diving computer watch costed us 1000$ and you still do not care , when will you give us ant considerations ?

• I am sad to hear that the support is not up to the standards and i hope they get back to you soon! 

• thanks i wish too ,

but they even don't reply to issue related to life of us , when we use a dive computer and can not detect a depth level , it is a life of us , we met our friends on site and came up with them elsewhere we don't know what would happen to us  that day. since that day I decide to don't believe in digital devices ,went to buy an analog one Disappointed

• When you say you tried to contact support with no success, did you call Garmin Support in your country (or the nearest country with a support phone number)?

• yes of course tried to call multiple times but couldn't do so. This is understandable given what was happening. Fortunately yesterday i got an answer on facebook messenger from Garmin Support (yes i have tried all means of communication!)

• Fortunately yesterday i got an answer on facebook messenger from Garmin Support

And what was the result?

• They asked further details and gave them an explanation as in the thread above. Will post any updates! 

• Does your problem got solved. I’m currently experiencing the same problem. 

• Previos tu the new software update the sensor of my Watch was not working and it displayed "Do not dive. Failed to read depth sensor" also I couldn’t connect to garmin connect app, I did the software update in the watch to de 10.40 hoping the problem got solved however it was not the case. Any clue how to solve the problem.

Regards

• Hello! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having the same problem and i know how frustrating this is! 
    Garmin support tried to solve the issue and the dive watch worked again (I am not sure if something was done or it just worked again). Unfortunately after few days it crashed again and the same problem happened all over. I sent garmin support another email and i got an exchange email from them so they will be replacing the watch. I hope the new one wont be faulty and i really hope we can know what the problem was so we can gain the full trust back in the device. H

Hope this helps and good luck!