How to get marine charts on Descent MK1

Hi all,

Just purchased a Garmin Descent MK1 and have been having a terrible time trying to get marine charts on it. 

I have downloaded Active Captain on my iphone and purchased HXPC024R - Australia and New Zealand as it said it was compatible with the descent.

I cant get my descent to register on active captain as it is not a chartplotter and I can't find a way of transferring the map to connect or any other app.

I've downloaded Garmin Express and Homeport on my laptop but these don't seem to solve the problem either.

In express I can see the purchased map under Vessel but not the Descent.

Anyone know to to solve this?? I can't believe it is this difficult for such an expensive piece of marine gear! There doesn't seem to be much info online and a lot of the garmin web pages are down. Garmin really need to make it clearer what each of their apps/programs are for and perhaps combining them as they don't integrate very well at all!!

Top Replies

• The program used to update and load all purchased maps to the Descent and any compatible Garmin watch is Garmin Express. Homeport/Active Captain are used for marine products such as Chart plotters…

All Replies