Any News from DEMA 2019? MK2?

DEMA 2019 started today, wondering if anyone is at the event and if they have seen any signs of the Descent MK2...

• considering the little interest of garmin towards mk1 concerning its possible improvements concerning the diving computer function, (1000 € anyway the watch) it would be better not to repeat the experience of a diving computer watch .. .
    a pity anyway
  • I have been using products from Aqualung, Mares, Suunto (my wife still has one) and Cressi (still my backup computer) - and in comparison, I do not consider the Descent Mk1 as as bad as it is made by some of the posters here. It may not be perfect, but it works for recreational diving. User interface and user interaction are top notch compared to “regular” dive computer watches as far as I am concerned.

I am looking forward to see an evolution, most likely based on the Fenix 6 platform - at the same time, being 100% aware a multi sport diving computer will always be a premium priced niche for Garmin (nevertheless, I would expect more regular update intervals - do not get me wrong!). I am able to accept that, balancing it against the other advantages Descent has a a multi sport watch and Garmin offers with Garmin Connect.

Anyways, if one considers it being such an unacceptable product - simply sell it and move on! The hassles you have with Garmin will simply be replaced by other issues with another manufacturer or consequent limitation to “diving features only”. Participating in forums in “complaints only mode” does not any value and I’d seek for more productive ways to utilize my time.

Just my two cents,

Steffen

• "Participating in forums in “complaints only mode” does not any value and I’d seek for more productive ways to utilize my time."

do we know each other to give us advice?
    a forum is made to help and give an opinion on a subject, whether it likes it or not.
    Regarding possible improvements for the diving function, I have been leaving it for a long time at Garmin.
    and as you say I sold my MK1.
  • Hi! someone have news of MK2? Rumors? Date? Thanks!

• MK1 is now on sale ($200 off) so MK2 is probably just around the corner. Hopefully with AI and all other requests found at this forum!

• Let's hope so.

I'm happy with my MK1 but i want music so i can do my thing without my telephone and a bigger screen like Fenix 6x would be nice and still holding the same formfactor like F6 X

• I don't know anything about when (or even if) a Mk2 will be available, but I for one can't wait.  I love my Mk1.  I am an occasional recreational diver only, and it has done all I need.  I used it on my AOW dives, and felt very comfortable with it, as I was already well accustomed to the interface and how to navigate it (can't say the same for the backup computer I was given).  I am also a runner, cyclist, triathlete, hiker, and golfer.  One watch to rule them all....  Please bring it soon Garmin!   I'm more than happy to work with you on improvements!

• If the mk1 has Bluetooth why can't it work with AI?