Stuck saving a dive

268 dives on my watch, last weekend it is working fine during the dive but after surface it says saving and never finishes had to power off, tried 3 more times while instructing, same every time when I plug into the computer there is no dive data for those dives. Yes I let it go for a while after the 4th dive I left it saving for almost 4 hours it was still circling the icon and said saving. Has anyone had this issue, it has become unusable as I need the data for my students (yes I do have a backup)

• My watch did the same thing last week after dive 10 on day three of a liveaboard SCUBA trip with no internet so I could not sync.  After losing data for three dives, I moved all the files in the Activity folder on the watch to my laptop so the watch no activity history.  It then saved three more dives and then quit saving again.  I tested other activities and it would not save any activity: run, bike, kayak, etc.  

Once back to port, I moved all the files previously taken out of the Activity folder back to the watch.  I connected to wifi and synced the watch.  After it synced I was able to save any activity I tested but haven't tried diving yet because I haven't had the opportunity to dive.  

The watch is only 25% full overall so there was plenty of free space.  I have also read that it is supposed to delete old activities if it gets full.  It is like the watch has short term memory that was full because I could not sync so it would not save.

I am curious if there is a solution to this.  I can't be the only one doing long-term off-grid adventures while trying to use a Garmin watch.

• Connect with BT to your phone, try syncing, and in Garmin Connect Mobile go to the Menu » Settings » Device Sync Audit

Sometimes there may be some hints pointing to a problem on the watch, like for example CHKDSK errors. Anyway, the best will likely be contacting the support. They will probably make you send them the Diagnostic Report accessible through Menu » Help » Diagnostic Report